WFH workspace/ computer setup

Bluesky

Guys, Many people have now permanently shifted to the WFH setup. Like they go to the office once/ twice a month, just for some meetings.

Many are having a second monitor as they can have the meeting going on the laptop screen and another task like reading a document or working on the second monitor. Similarly, some prefer small desktop speakers and mics, some have headphones with mics. Some have a separate keyboard with the laptop fixed on a permanent slant angle.

I am going for a second monitor, I use speakers and laptop inbuilt mic rather than headphones. Can people show their workspace/ computer setup?

Cheers.

The Standard office issued laptop with a noise-isolating headphones for the call. During the start of the pandemic, set up table, rotating chairs, etc. With online classes, kids have highjacked my workspace and I am left with dining table.

...Second monitor?
an understatement.
The bottom line is , You get spoiled WFH. You may start craving for Monitors at every conceivable luxurious locations.
..now I am looking out for a decent portable monitors! the 4th, and hopefully the last?

I use 2 screen setup, but not 2 monitors.

I have a PC with a 27 inch monitor, that I use to loging to my office cloud desktop.

I have an iPad on a stand next to it, that I use for zoom meetings (I am usually in back to back meetings all day).

The combo works well for me.

I have invested in
- a good chair with full back support/arm rests/full mesh back and seat
-27 inch monitor
- A docking station to connect all devices
- A UPS for the office and routers
- a Dual isp router and a second ISP as backup :)

Won't the caller at the other end hear their own voice picked up by your mic when you don't use head/earphone

Most of the platforms like Zoom / Teams etc have an inbuild AI-enabled feature, which can filter our ambient sound like a dog bark, people speaking, etc.

I have invested in
- a good chair with full back support/arm rests/full mesh back and seat
-27 inch monitor
- A docking station to connect all devices
- A UPS for the office and routers
- a Dual isp router and a second ISP as backup :)

I am also planning to get a good monitor. Can use it a desktop I am planning to build and also use it as an extended screen for the laptop.

May concentrate on the basics
1. A height adjustable table to alternate between sitting and standing while working ( if budget permits).
2. A good office Chair with back support and armrest
3. Ample lighting. Else it will take a toll on your eyes

Most of the platforms like Zoom / Teams etc have an inbuild AI-enabled feature, which can filter our ambient sound like a dog bark, people speaking, etc.
Yea i think so, noone has complained abt their voices echoing. But they have complained abt external noise (like vendors on the street) coming in :). I just can't seal all the leaks of external noise creeping in through window and door gaps. The street is pretty close to my workspace, around 15 feet.

May concentrate on the basics
1. A height adjustable table to alternate between sitting and standing while working ( if budget permits).
2. A good office Chair with back support and armrest
3. Ample lighting. Else it will take a toll on your eyes
I like that adjustable table, seen it in some companies. but its expensive. Goes like 35k for a single motor table. anyone has used this?

I am also planning to get a good monitor. Can use it a desktop I am planning to build and also use it as an extended screen for the laptop.
Make sure the monitor is height adjustable so it can stay at the right height without causing neck strain

Royal back-lighting!
monitor driven by Acer Nitro lappy?

Light is a cheap 200rs fish tank led light which can change colors place behind the monitor.

Acer Nitro Monitor is driven by both Acer Nitro 5 and HP Elitebook, monitor has 2 HDMI inputs and has a button to switch on the fly.

There are different kind of WFH setups. It depends what exactly you need. Have seen systems with 48inch OLEDs, gaming etc all together.
But a good monitor is the basic thing needed for all day office work. It was very difficult to just use laptop screen.
I am using 27 inch BenQ monitor for work. Two laptops are connected to it and I switch accordingly.

Using an lg 26" monitor with dual hdmi inputs. Along with my computer screen it's the best wfh purchase.

MaSh

Here is my DIY setup of WFH. Cost mentioned below. I'm very much satisfied with the setup and can totally focus on my work.
  1. Savya Chair (Flipkart): 3k
  2. Hofice Table (Pepperfry): 3k
  3. GeekAire Rechargeable Fan (Amazon): 3k
  4. Zebronics Backup UPS (Flipkart): 2k
  5. GM Spike buster (Flipkart): 200
  6. Philips Batten tubelight (Amazon): 200
  7. Wall sticker (Amazon): 500
  8. Logitech noise cancelling headphone (Amazon): 2k
  9. Mini backup for Router (Amazon): 1.5k
  10. Carpet (Amazon): 900
  11. Miscellaneous: 1.5k
  12. 2nd Monitor: 0 (Convinced HR and pulled it from office)
WFH.jpg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back