Wharfedale 10.4 vs 9.5

firefox_ace

Hi
I am new to this forum but have been a regular reader. Recently I auditioned Wharfedale 10.4 along with Marantz PM7001 amp. I was quite impressed with the combo and in fact felt that the soundstage was better than what I heard with 9.5. They are similiarly priced with 10.4 being slightly more expensive.
What is the view of other members on the 10.4. It seems that there are no reviews for these speakers on the net.

Hi
I am new to this forum but have been a regular reader. Recently I auditioned Wharfedale 10.4 along with Marantz PM7001 amp. I was quite impressed with the combo and in fact felt that the soundstage was better than what I heard with 9.5. They are similiarly priced with 10.4 being slightly more expensive.
What is the view of other members on the 10.4. It seems that there are no reviews for these speakers on the net.

Welcome to this forum. Since 10.4 is newly launched so you won't find its reviews easily on the net, they are very capable speakers but they need some space due to the rear ports on them, if space is not a problem for you then you should prefer them over the 9.5 which were very good till now but now shows its age. 10 series has improvised on the weaknesses of the 9 series so would defenitely perform better than the older model.
At the end its you who has to buy and listen so buy whatever you like the most.

10 series has improvised on the weaknesses of the 9 series so would defenitely perform better than the older model.

This is not true in general. We have had some reviews of the 10.1 which was supposedly more boomy than the 9.1 (or at least required much more room to sound less boomy) because of the rear port design. So I would not generalise the 10.4's performance over the 9.5's, only based on being a newer range.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back