Wharfedale 10 series being launched

May I request someone to post a detailed review of 10 series and a comparision with 9 series ( Is venkat sir hearing ? :))

Well, if Designer Audio is ready to send me a few samples of the 10 series, I can certainly do the auditioning. Unfortunately he is not a member of HiFiVision. If one of you are on good terms with him, why don't you whisper in his ears? I already have the 9 series.

Right now I am nearing the end of two week review of the 983 as a CD Player and will be posting a detailed write up soon. After that, I will hopefully start auditioning Craftel's new speakers and amplifiers.

Cheers

venkatji will you also post your observations on the 983 as compared to your computer transport?

Well, if Designer Audio is ready to send me a few samples of the 10 series, I can certainly do the auditioning. Unfortunately he is not a member of HiFiVision. If one of you are on good terms with him, why don't you whisper in his ears? I already have the 9 series.

Right now I am nearing the end of two week review of the 983 as a CD Player and will be posting a detailed write up soon. After that, I will hopefully start auditioning Craftel's new speakers and amplifiers.

Cheers

Just noticed something ,the diamond 10 series are rear ported now .
That means less suitability to close to wall placement a drawback for small rooms I guess.

Took me a long time to notice it.

Anyways Venkatji whats your take on this?

The wharfedale 9.1 and 9.2 are perfect entry level speakers.

they got a good review in AV-MAX, the 10.1s.....for whatever that is worth.

Just noticed something ,the diamond 10 series are rear ported now .
That means less suitability to close to wall placement a drawback for small rooms I guess.

Took me a long time to notice it.

Anyways Venkatji whats your take on this?

The wharfedale 9.1 and 9.2 are perfect entry level speakers.

Hi Guys,

Is there a new subwoofer also in the 10 series. Has anyone auditioned it, how is it as compared to sw150 and whats the cost?

Thanx

Pls Wait for Pic to Load
Diamond%2010.5%20jpg.jpg

Looks Very Good:licklips:

Got a quote of 20k for the 10.2 at Designer Audio (vs 17k for the 9.2). The 10.2 wasnt in stock yet - only the 10.1 among the bookshelves.

Hi,

Auditioned the Wharfedale 10 series a few days back. I hated them when i auditioned the 10.1......thought they were too bright (atleast for my taste. others might disagree)......heard them with CA540v2 and Marantz PM5003 amps....cdp was CA540 for both the amps.

10 series MRP's

Diamond 10.1 15000
Diamond 10.2 20000
Diamond 10.4 32000
Diamond 10.5 36000
Diamond 10.7 54000
Diamond 10.CS 13000
Diamond 10.CM 18000
Diamond 10.SX sub 19000
Diamond 10.MX sub 28000
Diamond 10.1/2 Stands 12000

My Brand new Wharfdale 9.6 arrived today. Thanks to this forum I got a great dealthey have a new color to compliment your interiors I got a walnut something.
The MRP is was quoted initally was 40k. Since I was a member of this forum got it got it for 34K

Thank you again

Did you flash a HifiVision forum Privileged Membership Card or something?

I would like one too .. :licklips:

Cheers

Hi Harry,

Congratulations.Awesome selection there :clapping:.Dual 8 inchers, Dome midrange cool specs.:yahoo: What are you pairing it with?AVR or Stereo Int.

The finish is Walnut Pearl if I'm correct.
I must say it's raining Wharfedale's here in Hifivision.:eek:hyeah:

Enjoy and pls do post a review for the same.
with Best Regards,
Samuel

Last edited:
Good Mids, bass loose, timing astray

I heard the Diamond 10.1 recently. Nice improvement in midrange (better resolution and tonal texture) However, I found the bass to be a little loose and as a result, the timing was a tad off... Does that rear port and the distance from the rear wall have something to do with this?

As far as I know, most of the speakers with rear ports are designed so, to allow user to tune the bass response (by keeping far/close to walls).

Front port doesn't allow you this luxury.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back