Wharfedale and Philips?

ArunHiFive

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

ranjeetrain said:
When buying, start with speakers, then the source then the amplification

That's exactly what I intend to do now.

I have a Philips DVD player DVP 5986k and I'm happy with a stereo setup as of now.

I have a quick question. Can I connect a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s directly to this DVD player? If it's possible, what is the best mode of connectivity?

Thanks in advance.

You would need an amp as well. If you're on a tight budget you can consider the Cambridge Audio 340A for 14k or the 340A SE for 16k.

Or you could consider Norge's stereo amps which are even cheaper.

Thanks psychotropic.

I googled about Norge's stereo amps and I see it's really VFM. Exactly what I was looking for.

Any idea where I can demo/purchase Norge amps in Bangalore?

Okay, either my googling skills are bad or Norge does not have any dealer/listening room in Bangalore.

I'll take any budget stereo amp that can adequately power Wharfedale 9.1s - I will check Sonodyne, Torvin, ProFX. Any other dealers/listening rooms in Bangalore I can visit?

Norge may not have dealers in Bangalore. Call them and check. Sonodyne is at Forum Mall. ProFX doesn't make electronics of its own. The cheapest thing you'd find there is one of the basic Denon amps which would be in the region of 15-17k, and at which price you're better off with Cambridge Audio or NAD. From what I've heard from most people, I would recommend you putting up that extra bit of cash and going for a CA or NAD amp, as these are built to a higher standard than the Norge ones.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back