What amp?

For your budget of 60K, if you are looking for KEF (or) Dali you may only be able to get only fronts & subwoofer.. Additional cost for center & surrounds...

But for 60K ~ 70K, you can complete a 5.2 (dual subs) system with Taga Platinum series which can be a significant upgrade from your HTIB speakers..

I am looking for fronts for now.

It is very difficult to purchase an audio equipment with suggestions rather than auditions. Each speakar have distinct sound signature and user have an distinct audio test, so deciding on others opinions is a bit difficult and risky task. Better you do as many audition as you can, you will automatically came to know what kind of sound signature suit's you and then decision become easy. Budget is the most important factor and don't try to purchase to many equipments in limited budget. Instead of that purchase good quality few equipment. Later on add remaining as budget permit. Make sure that whatever you purchase will last with you for atleast five years and you will not need to sell immediately in future. Take your own time and don't be in hurry. If you like something wait till budget permit but don't go for any other thing for which you will regret. It is better to upgrade speakars first than AVR as technology in AVR rapidly changing compare to speakers and make your AVR outdated soon.You are not going to keep your old AVR with you for longer time so purchase speakars considering your future AVR else after new AVR you will need to upgrade for speakars. Hope this will help you...

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

It is very difficult to purchase an audio equipment with suggestions rather than auditions.

After years of using few set up's, i understood suggestions from experienced FM is always better than auditions..

Very recently, i completely overhauled my HT setup, purely based on knowledgable FM suggestions/enlightening posts..

After years of using few set up's, i understood suggestions from experienced FM is always better than auditions..

Very recently, i completely overhauled my HT setup, purely based on knowledgable FM suggestions/enlightening posts..

True as I have experienced that sort of demo you have in a studio cannot create the same effect at your home or even close to it and than you feel kind off cheated, moreover some seller distorts sound of brand you wish to have just to sell brands that they have more margin with. So better to have a idea about good sounds and bad sounds than to rely entirely on demo.

but not questioning demo entirely as it makes you compare apple with apples and not oranges or a lemon ;) (which some dealers may still resort to trying to upsell to you)

anywayz found a pair of Wharfdale 225 on ebay.com from italy costing abt 31.5k including shipping (custom extra)
it has 2 year worldwide warranty as specifically told by the dealer don't know how true but he told me to get back to him in case of any problem.

Last edited:
but not questioning demo entirely as it makes you compare apple with apples and not oranges or a lemon ;) (which some dealers may still resort to trying to upsell to you)

No disrespect to any dealer.. A dealer place mostly likely wouldn't have considered right placement & got the acoustics right.. So a demo will mostly mislead.. But you roughly get impressions..

anywayz found a pair of Wharfdale 225 on ebay.com from italy costing abt 31.5k including shipping (custom extra)
it has 2 year worldwide warranty as specifically told by the dealer don't know how true but he told me to get back to him in case of any problem.

This deal can go all wrong. Shipping delays, customs delays, while no one accepting responsibility. Customs charges may be added too. If the product is damaged on arrival then you have no option but to send it back at your own costs and the process itself is a hassle. Indian warranty not valid. However, if speakers are fine on arrival, they hardly fail in warranty period.

This deal can go all wrong. Shipping delays, customs delays, while no one accepting responsibility. Customs charges may be added too. If the product is damaged on arrival then you have no option but to send it back at your own costs and the process itself is a hassle. Indian warranty not valid. However, if speakers are fine on arrival, they hardly fail in warranty period.

Yeah I am aware of shipping delays all thanks to India Post and also custom charges may be High, But I was not able to find those speakers anywhere,
There is someone selling in Chennai for 29K approx but its through OLX and obviously he wants payment first, He sounded genuine but still I have been burnt several times in past so why to take a chance.

Go for an authorized Delear and Denon is a good option . Check the Delear near by to you

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back