kroyin

Start off with mine

All balanced system

DAC
------Balanced Subbu dac
------Amanero USB to I2S (at hand)
------Joachim Gerhart filter buffer
-----Salas SSLV Shunts (at hand)

PREAMP (preamp quest should end here :))
------Balanced DCB1 (already have SE running)

POWER AMP
---50 odd Watt Aleph X

Not too keen on spks but maybe the ELSINORE

Lets see how far it goes :) :)

Last edited:
hi buddy i am also from kolkata..lets meet some day.:D
very excited to see your diy speakers
my plan for 2013
water cooled led powered diy projector
upgrade to small light engine and in the present projector

my plan for 2013

I will be watching your projector upgrades...!!

I completed my DIY projector at least a year before, the image quality is very good, but the issue is heat.

I think I have to redesign the cabinet for better ventilation, I also need mini AC Fan instead of DC fans to blow out hot air, I am not able to find any condenser lens in India.. so lets see how will i do it. But my super towers are in progress, cabinet desing, dimensions and amp decisions are in progress.

Both the projector and my super towers project will complete HT setup for my new home which is under construction, i am planning for a 15x22 dedicated HT.

So 2013 is going to be challenging and exciting for me.

And off course after this project is complete i would like to learn and do something like goldy is doing:

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/34655-harmony-my-attempt-clone-synergy.html

Thanks,
Hari

Last edited:
1) Complete MyRef Ver C amplifier - need to install it in the cabinet (already bought) and integrate the power supply toroid.
2) Complete OPS - need to find suitable cabinet (soldering part done)
3) Hypnotoad MC Phono Preamp - need to find suitable cabinet (been happily using it without the benefit of cabinet)
4) CNC MM Phono Preamp - same as 3
5) Stands for GRR X-LS Encore speakers - either design one and commission a carpenter to build it, or buy a nice one from Soundfoundations
6) Lenco L75 plinth build - complete the damned thing!
7) get myself record shelf/cabinet SOON
8) hopefully get myself a very good phono preamp - may be a "two-box" affair with an SUT paired to a good MM pre (needs to be substantially better than the two MM preamps I already have - a tubed one perhaps?).
9) rebuild music PC or at least get myself a quieter SMPS.
10) stop buying more records or CDs! First I must listen to what I have already hoarded.
11) Last, but not the least, don't undertake any more DIY projects before completing the ones at hand.

Rip all my classical music collection .....that's only a couple of months work.....and then rename the files, catalog and arrange the collection so I can access it.....that's going to be the rest of the year! Bah! But nice to discover CDs I have not seen for 15 years!

By the way Kroyin (first post), I may have some stunning balanced cables for you.....Analysis Plus Gold balanced pair.....

Send my SME 3009 tonesrm to Analog tube Audio for full upgrade and with this get my Garrard 301 to full spec
Will decide between LP12 and Garrard using this arm, can't keep both in the long run, one must go.
For digital decide between Amarra and Audirvana and Pure Music and do various other upgrades to Mac mini.
With that I should settle both my digital and analog rig (for now).
Will move house in July, and everything will need to be reset, something to look forward to.
In 2012 I spent a lot of time travelling, and while at home manipulating equipment, added the 301, but in 2013 must listen a lot more and manipulate less.
I considered switching to Focal Utopia Diablo or Elektra 1028 but if I do that, the entire 2013 will go in burning the speakers in (takes 800 hours). Will keep my current speakers Thiel, and depend on source improvements to raise the sound quality. When that is maxed out we will see about focal, will likely not be in 2013.

My 2013 plans is to consolidate on my finances. :) No untoward/implusive buying. Tough luck to me as I am implusive by nature. :eek:

Change in plans no Aleph X. Asked around & Aleph JX it will be.
Not pretty that I'm eating into retirement funds :)
Pls pay good money when I hawking all my DIY in old agr

Last edited:
my plan for 2013

You are welcome...get the alcohol (im cheap Scotch no reqd :))

It is a bit early, but I have already done a small mid course correction to my resolve that I won't add equipment anymore. I came across a classic tonearm Ortofon RMG 309 (I think) which is a classic 12" arm and snagged that. Will limit myself to this (for now).

It is a bit early, but I have already done a small mid course correction to my resolve that I won't add equipment anymore. I came across a classic tonearm Ortofon RMG 309 (I think) which is a classic 12" arm and snagged that. Will limit myself to this (for now).

Congrats! This calls for an SPU, I guess? Where will this go to - the LP12 or the 301?

LP12 cannot take 12" arm. Max 9". So 301, if I decide not to sell 301. If I sell LP12 then will likely put SPU on RMG309.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back