what cdp yamaha as-2000 vs denon 710aevs marantz 6004

ab79

I am in search for a decent cd player.want to decide between yamaha as2000 and Denon710 ae and last Marantz 6004.how much these products cost.how do they perform and what is better option?is marantz having dealers in india?somebody pls help. on paper they look to be so close.

I am in search for a decent cd player.want to decide between yamaha as2000 and Denon710 ae and last Marantz 6004.how much these products cost.how do they perform and what is better option?is marantz having dealers in india?somebody pls help. on paper they look to be so close.

Marantz 6004. It has a USB in as well.You can play music from ipod and usbs. Its highly rated as well. What amp and speakers do you have? what is your choice of music?

I think you mean CD-S2000
The CDP is very solidly built, is a balanced design and plays SACD

You will have to audition it to know what is it's sound singnature

Whats the going quote for CS-2000? and CDS-700? I am interested in a transport for my DAC and I am "bored" with the cd6002.

--G0bble

According to whathifi.com CD S1000 & CD S2000 are priced Rs.63.6 K & 79.8K (conversion rate of GBP) Marantz CD6004 will be available for around Rs.30K. Yamaha can play SACD also. Marantz is not in the league. Had you decided on Yamaha amps, my recommendation is to go for its counterpart CDPs for greater synergy.

Gopinath J

According to whathifi.com CD S1000 & CD S2000 are priced Rs.63.6 K & 79.8K (conversion rate of GBP) Marantz CD6004 will be available for around Rs.30K. Yamaha can play SACD also. Marantz is not in the league. Had you decided on Yamaha amps, my recommendation is to go for its counterpart CDPs for greater synergy.

Gopinath J
I do not think they are that much costly.will update as soon as i get the local prices for cd s-2000 and s-1000.

Hi ab79,

CD-S2000 - CD Players - Yamaha - India

Definitely 1 Lac + - heard it recently at pune hi-fi meet & found it to be an awesome CDP, others you are comparing against it are not even in the picture compared to it.

If on budget then look seriously @ MarantzCD6004, then Denon CDP.

Also, what are the amp/speakers combo you planning to pair with the CDP???

Audition whatever you decide, its most important & that too with your own CD's

:)

Hi ab79,

CD-S2000 - CD Players - Yamaha - India

Definitely 1 Lac + - heard it recently at pune hi-fi meet & found it to be an awesome CDP, others you are comparing against it are not even in the picture compared to it.

If on budget then look seriously @ MarantzCD6004, then Denon CDP.

Also, what are the amp/speakers combo you planning to pair with the CDP???

Audition whatever you decide, its most important & that too with your own CD's

:)
If yamaha is around 1 lk it is well above my budget.I would rather settle down to marantz 6004 or denon 710ae @27000.I am presently having old pionner vsx 505-s and bose acosmass 3 for ht set up.I will presently use the avr to power seperate speakers in bedroom.for which shortlisted between jbl studio 190 & es 100 , kef q 500 or q 700.
what is your suggestion guys?

Last edited:
If yamaha is around 1 lk it is well above my budget.I would rather settle down to marantz 6004 or denon 710ae @27000.I am presently having old pionner vsx 505-s and bose acosmass 3 for ht set up.I will presently use the avr to power seperate speakers in bedroom.for which shortlisted between jbl studio 190 & es 100 , kef q 500 or q 700.
what is your suggestion guys?

Studio 190's @ 30k will be good. Check them out. KEF Q500/700 upwards of 50k just FYI :)

Studio 190's @ 30k will be good. Check them out. KEF Q500/700 upwards of 50k just FYI :)

yeah studio190 looks good on paper and seems vfm.have you auditioned them? does they compare favourably with kef q 500? what is a better deal? your advice is appreciated.
sorry to moderators for slightly hijacking this thread from cdp to speakers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back