What do we know of ASR's affiliations?

k-pad

Since we are an AV forum, albeit with different knowledge levels, was just wondering what we know of Amir's disclosures?
For starters, the one thing he keeps accepting is that he is a Harman dealer.

What else do we know about him/his site?

Any response most welcome...

Since we are an AV forum, albeit with different knowledge levels, was just wondering what we know of Amir's disclosures?

The contribution of ASR site is very valuable. Amir and other reviewer in ASR are quite bold with thier reviews, especially the negative ones, which is a rartity in this industry.
Who does not have biases, ASR is no exception.
It so happens that I have owned or auditioned some of his both recommeded and not-recommended gears.
Examples: AmpCamp that I own, a Nelson Pass amp that I built, Revel Concerto speakers that my nephew owned, Horne Shoppe Truth preamp that I purchased for a friend (which i used for a few days before handing over), KEF R3, a Topping DAC that I got to demo, a Audio GD R2R a friend owns and ATC passives and actives from what memory serves.

I will not go into individual details, but I have to disagree with ASRs opinion with most of the non-recommended ones from the above list and atleast with one recommended ones.

The contribution of ASR site is very valuable. Amir and other reviewer in ASR are quite bold with thier reviews, especially the negative ones, which is a rartity in this industry.
Who does not have biases, ASR is no exception.
It so happens that I have owned or auditioned some of his both recommeded and not-recommended gears.
Examples: AmpCamp that I own, a Nelson Pass amp that I built, Revel Concerto speakers that my nephew owned, Horne Shoppe Truth preamp that I purchased for a friend (which i used for a few days before handing over), KEF R3, a Topping DAC that I got to demo, a Audio GD R2R a friend owns and ATC passives and actives from what memory serves.

I will not go into individual details, but I have to disagree with ASRs opinion with most of the non-recommended ones from the above list and atleast with one recommended ones.
For me, the biggest takeaway from ASR has been something I had always suspected (my inherent bias perhaps?)
The age old maxim of you-get-what-you-pay for does not apply in mid to high end audio.

(Barring perhaps the final drivers (speakers) where this still holds true to some extent)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back