What do you do with your older TV?

Vishal

With so many people buying upgrades, I wonder what do FM do/plan to do with their older but STILL WORKING TV's (Full HD 32'' Sammy LCD in my case)?

I have a fully functional TV in great condition but looking to buy a bigger better TV and wondering what to do with my old one:

Have you/ plan to:

a. Exchange it at the dealer for a better offer? Is the price offered decent or throwaway? Do dealers buy it .. like the auto dealers exchange offer?

b. Keep it as a 2nd TV in the bedroom or for kids/parents/gaming etc?

c. Sell it on your own - Olx, HFV, Peer groups, Online etc for a better price?

d. anything else ..

Regards.

yess, bring it :clapping:

edit: You can exchange it and get discount on your next purchase.

Last edited:
Option 2, Already given to my parent(s) (placed in their room), they are enjoying 29" Flat Slim Fit Model and I wouldn't change that 29" because that is great to watch SD content than LCDs or LEDs (my parent watch SD channels).

Give it to your parents or keep it in the guestroom. Most parents (at least mine) are not into HD content and watching SD is good on crt.

^^^ really great idea.
the old games(before pc games era)..are still extremely enjoybale(at least to me)..and will be perfect gaming solution for your kids

So, the summary of comments is that people dont tend to sell off their older TV's. Hmm interesting because I felt given it's form factor, most urban (read metro) nuclear dwelling folks might sell/exchange it.

Apartments in Mumbai are not what they used to be. I might have to hang the TV #2 outside my balcony.

Put it for sale in this forum for the current market price. I am sure you will find buyers here.

This will help you fund your next upgrade to a better or bigger sized tv, is what I think :).

Last edited:
I already gave my Philips 29 CRTto my parents ....now mother is planning to "upgrade" to LCD if budget permits. The exchange value is pathetic 1.5 o max 3 k.

Now if my Mother will upgrade I am planning to take it back and keep it at in laws.They have perfectly working 21" -which they can move it to other room

I sold my 29 inches LG via olx/quikr while upgrading to sony 42 inches LED. Olx/quikr seems good option if you dont have the space to keep the old one.

If you are upgrading from smaller lcd/led to larger one then the old one can go to bedroom or parents room. We or our parents may wantt to enjoy few channels of their preference in their privacy.

Dealer exchange may be a good option if you don't want to spend the time/effort in finding a buyer, esp in a less populous town.

We normally just hand it over to househelp or/and other individuals who would have some use for it. Selling it is too much of hassle for the price it would eventually fetch unless ofcourse you know it can get you a good price.

If you r in a city, the CRT will also get sold, if u put an ad in olx or quickr, as there can be some bachelor students or new to job people who wouldn't want technology, but some entertainment..without breaking a part of the bank.. And obviously it will be a throw away Item and the end. 4 years back I got myself into a place in chennai where we got a 29 flat tv and we were happy about the big screen , when lcd's were common:)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back