What formats are playable on samsung series 7 LED TV ?

stalion

Hey guys does anyone have any idea what formats can be played on the USB port of the samsung 7 series LED tv ?

Hey guys does anyone have any idea what formats can be played on the USB port of the samsung 7 series LED tv ?

Same as the good old WD HD TV......... even the series 6 also plays all the files played by the WD HD TV........I've tested it with my series 6 USB port.

cheers.

I have the 40B6000.. I tried connecting my WD passport 250 GB harddisk.. It didnt work.. although usb pen drive worked.. do hard disks work with the LED 6 series..

I have the 40B6000.. I tried connecting my WD passport 250 GB harddisk.. It didnt work.. although usb pen drive worked.. do hard disks work with the LED 6 series..

Yup.........The LED series 6 46" of mine detected my 500GB WD EHDD and played all .mkv files.........but most of my files were of DTS audio, so no sound. But any way's I dont use it as i have my WD TV. The series 7 LED should also play the same.

cheers

Hi Aneelr,
Very curiosy to know, how do you rate the PQ of the TV directly playing the MKV and WD TV playing the MKV.

Just want to know if the dedicated chipset in WDTV makes any difference in PQ when compared to the inbuilt one in the TV.

Hi Aneelr,
Very curiosy to know, how do you rate the PQ of the TV directly playing the MKV and WD TV playing the MKV.

Just want to know if the dedicated chipset in WDTV makes any difference in PQ when compared to the inbuilt one in the TV.

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your thaught's dude...........this never hit my head. There is no diff in the PQ between my TV and WDTV. But the colors of the WDTV is really bad compared to the TV's. The TV is producing more accurate colors than the WDTV under the same color settings. Is it because of the HDMI cable. I'm using a cable from the company called BAFO. Is this a genuine company for HDMI cables..............or can you suggest any other specific company, I'll try them(price dose not matter).

I just played the HD demo of a Formula1 Promo........ through my TV the RED color of the F1 was really "RED" but the WDTV is adding some pink tint to the red. This is really BAD!!!!!

Untill I bought my WDTV I was playing it through my TV's USB port only......though no DTS contents were played. A couple of week's back I got it and at the same time my HT was also setup......so I was concentrating more on the SQ than the PQ........but now I realise this problem. And the WDTV's remote is a pain the *** to operate.

My PC also shows the accurate/correct color. (NVIDIA QUADRO FX 560 + Samsung 22" FHD monitor)

Hey, friends from B'lore and Xtremer owners, if you do not mind can you get your device to my place , we can do the same test with the Xtremer as well.

Thanks,
cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

I tried 2 scenarios, first EHDD->(via USB)WDTV->(via HDMI)AVR->(via HDMI)HDTV and second no intermediate AVR, direct WDTV->HDTV.
In both the cases same color O/P.

This weekend I'll try using a diff piece of WDTV (my friends) and also try this combination EHDD->(via USB)PS3 with linux->(via HDMI)HDTV.

cheers.

Thats strange, my WD TV plays DVD exteremely well infact almost near to Oppo's quality. Check my thread on WD TV vs Oppo for a screen shot of DVD VOB played in WD TV.

Something wrong with your WD TV may, HDMI cable will not be culprit bcos in digitasl you either get 100% signal or you dont, unlike analog.

See if you can hook another WD TV or update firmware or call WD

Thats strange, my WD TV plays DVD exteremely well infact almost near to Oppo's quality. Check my thread on WD TV vs Oppo for a screen shot of DVD VOB played in WD TV.

Something wrong with your WD TV may, HDMI cable will not be culprit bcos in digitasl you either get 100% signal or you dont, unlike analog.

See if you can hook another WD TV or update firmware or call WD

Hi, thanks.........my WDTV does'nt play .VOB's also.

thanks.

i can play hd rips from my external hdd..could any one post their video settings for sd as well as HD content for b6000 40"?....

Last edited:
Back