what happens if choosen a different brand CC to that of FS not by choice but by avail

I have been using Aviano 6 for quite some time and thought to add the CC , when enquired came to know the chances of Aviano CC avaiablity in Indian market is not sure. what alternatives do I have now ?

Is there a new matching CC to MSA's that can be recommended?

Re: what happens if choosen a different brand CC to that of FS not by choice but by a

try to go for the same type of material ( driver ) as the fronts..and u should be OK.

try to get an impedance match too..

my setup is like a cassata ice-cream..

:))

fronts epos m12i, center paradigm cc190, rears wharfe wh2, avr Harmak kardon HK255

rgds

Re: what happens if choosen a different brand CC to that of FS not by choice but by a

try to go for the same type of material ( driver ) as the fronts..and u should be OK.

try to get an impedance match too..

my setup is like a cassata ice-cream..

:))

fronts epos m12i, center paradigm cc190, rears wharfe wh2, avr Harmak kardon HK255

rgds

also important is to get the CC with the same SPL (Sensitivity) as the fronts else it will be difficult to level match with the fronts. Also if the cross-over freq of the centers are similar to fronts even more better.

:)-

For me, it has never made any difference using different Front LR, surround and center. Movie is more of visual treat for me, accompanied by audio. So a room filling sound with close SPL match between front LR and center will do the job.

I said close SPL because, there are times when there is background music/sound effect along with the dialogues. So, in those situation, if the SPL of front LR is much higher than the center, you will not able to hear the dialogues properly.

I personally don't believe that timbre mismatch will give you any annoying experience, as most of the people talk about over here.

Koushik, we should consider the fronts for choosing CC and I think why becuase of frequency mismatch could lead to echo the same frequncy from CC and fronts. this could hardly be noticeable in most of the mix speakers, but some will make big impact.

Koushik, we should consider the fronts for choosing CC and I think why becuase of frequency mismatch could lead to echo the same frequncy from CC and fronts. this could hardly be noticeable in most of the mix speakers, but some will make big impact.

Can you please explain what is frequency mismatch?

And how echo can form without listening to same sound wave twice in a time gap of more than 1/16th of a second? The reflecting surface should be more than 11m to hear an echo!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back