What happens if I stop recharging DTH ?

dgtl887

As the title suggests - I'd like to know what happens if I stop recharging Tata Sky (HD) for a while.
The main attraction for me was the WC, and now that it's going to end, I might just hold off the recharge until the next big sporting event being shown in HD.

and oh ya, on a serious note. nothing happens. chill. you just can't watch it till you recharge. no penalty or anything. I also function like you describe.

As the title suggests - I'd like to know what happens if I stop recharging Tata Sky (HD) for a while.
The main attraction for me was the WC, and now that it's going to end, I might just hold off the recharge until the next big sporting event being shown in HD.

Not sure of HD, but for SD, you can choose to recharge.
I have not recharged one of my subscritions for the past 4 months and recharged it this month. Everything works fine after 2 hours of recharging without follow ups/call to customer care etc.

P.S: The one Iam talking is about SUN. TATA sky could be different.

a ninja comes and rearranges the furniture in your living room.
:clapping:

So they won't call me asking for their dish back or anything ? :p

The dish is the property of Tata Sky, but they will take it away if you call and cancel your subscription. If you don't charge, they will keep bugging you with reminder SMSes. If you charge, they bug you with Thank you SMSes. Fedup of their SMSes, I subscribed for a year:D. Not sure how it is with the others, but I used to get atleast 4 to 5 SMSes per day when it is recharge time and after.

Last edited:
The dish is the property of Tata Sky, but they will take it away if you call and cancel your subscription. If you don't charge, they will keep bugging you with reminder SMSes. If you charge, they bug you with Thank you SMSes. Fedup of their SMSes, I subscribed for a year:D. Not sure how it is with the others, but I used to get atleast 4 to 5 SMSes per day when it is recharge time and after.

I had stopped recharging TS two years ago and the dish is still here.i just reactivated my account today. Didnt pay any fine other than -29rs showing in account
Searching for old stb's

it will run for 3 days after you recharge has expired and then it will get blocked. Anytime you want to watch again you need to recharge your account online and it will start working within few minutes. They will deduct around Rs 30 as soon as you recharge for the 3 days grace period you got after the last recharge expired.

That's all that will happen in TS.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back