What hi fi show at Leela hotel

Yet the Amphion speakers bookshelves Helium 410 comes up again...now I think there is something special about them:cool:

The 'special' is the D & D
The Speaker is like any other - nothing extra ordinary.
It is the person behind it in India that makes it extra ordinary.
It was set up very well in a given room. Therefore it sounded like it did....

If I may be permitted to go OT - the Amphion is like any lady / girl that lives next door. It could be any person - not important.
However, if she is 'waxed' / groomed / styled / dressed up / make up in place [not much - not less] / given good 'stylish' clothes to wear, that same neighborhood girl / lady starts to look 'pretty' & the attention is on her.

The same thing happened to the Amphion.
It is a good speaker [the lady next door has to be a beautiful person to begin with - an ugly duckling cannot be transformed] has the potential - just that Mr. Jilla knows how to extract that potential - simple...
:clapping:

any good speaker can sing if it has the space to breathe around it. And that includes the 410.

Having heard the 410 quite a few times - these are very good for the money - you wont have to end up breaking the bank to enjoy good sound in a moderately sized room.

a very similar speaker is the Dali Mentor Menuet.

Both are pocket rockets :))

Unfortunately - most of us do not have enough space in our homes to give the speakers the space they need to come to their full capabilities.

regards

Any good speaker can sing if it has the space to breathe around it. And that includes the 410.

Both are pocket rockets :))

Regards

100 % Correct.

Speaker from Rear Wall - Correct Position to get the in room bass 'sorted' & then 'enough space' from side walls to get a sense of 'space & air'
Finally work on the toe in [if needed] for focus & height.

But, give your speaker space.
It is like a Parachute - more the air - the more it opens & the slower it descends.
Less Air & it will collapse & you will fall to the ground faster.

Hence, give your speakers 3 feet at least [if not 5] from the rear wall & a minimum of 3 to 4 feet from the side wall & your speakers too will sing....
:yahoo: Minimum gap between tweeters is 8 feet to 12 feet [depending on size of the speaker] !

But, give your speaker space.
It is like a Parachute - more the air - the more it opens & the slower it descends.
Less Air & it will collapse & you will fall to the ground faster.

Lovely analogy :clapping:

100 % Correct.

Hence, give your speakers 3 feet at least [if not 5] from the rear wall & a minimum of 3 to 4 feet from the side wall & your speakers too will sing....
:yahoo: Minimum gap between tweeters is 8 feet to 12 feet [depending on size of the speaker] !

And HOW does Bhagwan do it following none of that?
Would love to get some lessons at the temple itself!

And HOW does Bhagwan do it following none of that?
Would love to get some lessons at the temple itself!

100 % Correct;

Therefore I state, my set up is not correct;
It is a 'compromise'
I live in a space deprived apartment.
I do not have any spare room - where I can follow my hobby.
Therefore I have broken a lot of rules from the audio rule book...
:cool:

p.s. If you do visit Mumbai - do drop by & listen to the 'im-perfect' room & the 'compromised' audio...Most welcome...:)

p.s. If you do visit Mumbai - do drop by & listen to the 'im-perfect' room & the 'compromised' audio...Most welcome...:)

Would love to! :licklips: How does the last week of Aug suit you? Weekdays only. Tentative plan.

Could anybody tell that how much power cut affects our audio system?

When I listen to my audio system and electricity goes in between, will it affect my components? will it affect sound quality?

Will it ruin my system? Till the date i faced powercut so many times but nothing happened.

Whenever light goes I switch of complete system before electricity comes due to sudden high voltage which could be expected some times.

any answers please.....should I take any preventive steps in future?

"Whenever light goes I switch of complete system before electricity comes due to sudden high voltage which could be expected some times".

You are doing the "rightest" thing! No need to worry as long as you are diligently doing whatever you jotted down here.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back