What hi fi show at Leela hotel

varma_vikas

Hi All,

Would like to share some about what hifi show at hotel Leela.

I visited there on sunday

Lakozy audio imagination

First I went to Lakozy audio imagination. Aashish kesarwani was there. As I already know him well so sat with him listened to Focal Electra tower( approx 6 lakh) + Acuuphase E460 (appprox 7 -8 lakhs) and the combo blown me. Sound was huge, clean & astounding. No more words to explain the sound because I do not have those in my dictionary .
I felt that person need to have atleast 20*15 room, then this kind of system makes sense.
Aashish has kept all the range of Focal speakers & has got Accuphase recently.
I met with few more gentleman and we discussed other than audio , i.e- photography, as I was carrying my SLR, so one gentleman gave me few photography tips which I whole heartedly welcomed. I forgot the name of the gentleman.

Sound by Design

I went to sound by design. Marantz & Ephony were there on demonstration.
Sid Trehan was there to welcome people. He is the owner of Sound By Design.
Before I say something about system & boxes I would like to appreciate the way of presentation & dealing with people.
Sid Trehan does not deal only with hiend audio, he deals with room acoustics as well. This is the reason they design the sound according to the individuals room.

So, ephony towers from france were paired with Marantz reference SACD player and reference amplifier 7005 ( not in market yet).
These are fast small drivers which can be tweaked according to the preferences.
Overall sound (mids, treble & bass ) was very balanced. 4 ohm speakers were well managed by Marantz.

I had heard indian fusion genre on this system which was intentionally played to give the idea of mids, treble & bass to people . This music contained all the music notes to give a fair idea.
I found the presentation if Sid Trehan at par in comparison with all other. The person understands the need of individual and advises accordingly. He does not advise people only to go for a system costing couple of lakhs. His customers may finish off with far lesser budget than thay thought of.

Naim audio & Audio Physics WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

I went to naim audio room. I saw a white beared old man. He was already talking to one person who was looking for a system.

Naim xs pre power were paired with Audio physics 23 lakh pair speakers.
Naim nait 5i was paired with 6 lakh / pair speakers.

First mistake---That old man raised the volume of naim amplifier a lot and started talking to the customer in front of the system & he himself was not able to hear the customer & kept on talking like this ("hain" "hain" "hain"). He was standing very close to the system.
I kept on noticing all this behaviour.

By the behaviour of the person I kept on guessing his name & his name was again & again striking on my mind but I was not sure that he would be the same person however all romours went true at the end.

So the customer left very soon & now it was my turn. The person was highly annoying & was not paying much attention to the people. He was talking like drunk.
In the first impression he seems to cater only the rich people who are just carrying loads of money in their hands.
I asked the price of naim nait5i which was already higher than I expected. He told me to book the amplifier as this is going to be more expensive. I left the room with in 5 minutes.
After 1 hour I again visited Naim audio again with one of my friend who is more knowledgeable than me. We entered the room and AGAIN, the person did not even look at us or said "hi" "hello", anything. We kept on seein speakers and amplifiers & then we started looking each other and thought that person will say something but he carelessely started eating his meals. OK. My friend kept on waiting with a cd in his hands but that old man did not look, so after 5 minutes he went to the person and asked him to play cd.
We kept on saying that we wish to hear nait 5i but he played XS pre power. ha ha ha, what a joke. Even then we started listening & with in a minute old man reduced the volume knob to zero without any reason & took our cd out of the system & gave to us.

So we were not able to observe amp & speakers.

On the next day I came to know that the person was --- MARBIN COLLAH.

Person is already well known in audio industry for his absurd behaviour.

Sonodyne

When I entered the room I first found very nice people who welcomed me.

I listened to sonodyne speakers & I was amzed to listen the performance of Indian system but I missed their active speakers as they had winded up.

Huge power cut & fluctuations at hotel Leela forced all to shut down their systems, so i missed a lot of things because expensive systems were all facing threat.

Last edited:
Sir,
Good Report;
I will try and chip in - with a few pics;
n9nau.jpg

&
2nqbkhz.jpg

Accuphase & Focal [The sound you liked]

Hi All,

Would like to share some about what hifi show at hotel Leela.

I visited there on sunday

Lakozy audio imagination

First I went to Lakozy audio imagination. Aashish kesarwani was there. As I already know him well so sat with him listened to Focal Electra tower( approx 6 lakh) + Acuuphase E460 (appprox 7 -8 lakhs) and the combo blown me. Sound was huge, clean & astounding. No more words to explain the sound because I do not have those in my dictionary .
I felt that person need to have atleast 20*15 room, then this kind of system makes sense.
Aashish has kept all the range of Focal speakers & has got Accuphase recently.
I met with few more gentleman and we discussed other than audio , i.e- photography, as I was carrying my SLR, so one gentleman gave me few photography tips which I whole heartedly welcomed. I forgot the name of the gentleman.

Sound by Design

I went to sound by design. Marantz & Ephony were there on demonstration.
Sid Trehan was there to welcome people. He is the owner of Sound By Design.
Before I say something about system & boxes I would like to appreciate the way of presentation & dealing with people.
Sid Trehan does not deal only with hiend audio, he deals with room acoustics as well. This is the reason they design the sound according to the individuals room.

So, ephony towers from france were paired with Marantz reference SACD player and reference amplifier 7005 ( not in market yet).
These are fast small drivers which can be tweaked according to the preferences.
Overall sound (mids, treble & bass ) was very balanced. 4 ohm speakers were well managed by Marantz.

I had heard indian fusion genre on this system which was intentionally played to give the idea of mids, treble & bass to people . This music contained all the music notes to give a fair idea.
I found the presentation if Sid Trehan at par in comparison with all other. The person understands the need of individual and advises accordingly. He does not advise people only to go for a system costing couple of lakhs. His customers may finish off with far lesser budget than thay thought of.

Naim audio & Audio Physics WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

I went to naim audio room. I saw a white beared old man. He was already talking to one person who was looking for a system.

Naim xs pre power were paired with Audio physics 23 lakh pair speakers.
Naim nait 5i was paired with 6 lakh / pair speakers.

First mistake---That old man raised the volume of naim amplifier a lot and started talking to the customer in front of the system & he himself was not able to hear the customer & kept on talking like this ("hain" "hain" "hain"). He was standing very close to the system.
I kept on noticing all this behaviour.

By the behaviour of the person I kept on guessing his name & his name was again & again striking on my mind but I was not sure that he would be the same person however all romours went true at the end.

So the customer left very soon & now it was my turn. The person was highly annoying & was not paying much attention to the people. He was talking like drunk.
In the first impression he seems to cater only the rich people who are just carrying loads of money in their hands.
I asked the price of naim nait5i which was already higher than I expected. He told me to book the amplifier as this is going to be more expensive. I left the room with in 5 minutes.
After 1 hour I again visited Naim audio again with one of my friend who is more knowledgeable than me. We entered the room and AGAIN, the person did not even look at us or said "hi" "hello", anything. We kept on seein speakers and amplifiers & then we started looking each other and thought that person will say something but he carelessely started eating his meals. OK. My friend kept on waiting with a cd in his hands but that old man did not look, so after 5 minutes he went to the person and asked him to play cd.
We kept on saying that we wish to hear nait 5i but he played XS pre power. ha ha ha, what a joke. Even then we started listening & with in a minute old man reduced the volume knob to zero without any reason & took our cd out of the system & gave to us.

So we were not able to observe amp & speakers.

On the next day I came to know that the person was --- MARBIN COLLAH.

Person is already well known in audio industry for his absurd behaviour.

Sonodyne

When I entered the room I first found very nice people who welcomed me.

I listened to sonodyne speakers & I was amzed to listen the performance of Indian system but I missed their active speakers as they had winded up.

Huge power cut & fluctuations at hotel Leela forced all to shut down their systems, so i missed a lot of things because expensive systems were all facing threat.

Speakers at Sound by Design were Amphion & model was Helium 520.

I mentioned "Ephony" by mistake.

In my thread i wrote the speakers can be tweaked which is incorrect. I heard something wrong. i wrote that the presentation of "sid was at par". I used wrong sentence at wrong place. I wanted to say this about other places. Presentation of sid trehan was way better than others.

In my thread i wrote the speakers can be tweaked which is incorrect. I heard something wrong. i wrote that the presentation of "sid was at par". I used wrong sentence at wrong place. I wanted to say this about other places. Presentation of sid trehan was way better than others.

Sir,
You can go back to your post & edit it.
There is a small button at the bottom that says 'edit'
Please do click it & do the needful.
So, the post does not look out of context;
Thanks.
xx
p.s. This works for a few hours - 12 I think - not sure.

Isn't this the helium 510 which is the BS and the 520 is the FS?

Actually there were two rooms which had the amphion speakers one was perhaps the bookshelves i.e. Helium 410 or 510 ?? and other were the towers i.e. Helium 520

The speakers by the way are of Finnish make

I was given to understand that these brand will be represented in Gurgaon/Delhi/North India by Sid Trehan.It was also mentioned that there exists another model i.e Argon which is more expensive and more involving.

:lol:

Quite a sad affair really. We are at the mercy of energy companies and even praise them for their services while sustainable energy sources are locked away behind 500% tax. I didn't think the Leela would suffer from it considering they're a high end hotel and can afford to be on massive generators. But stable constant power is an alien concept where everything runs on "aisa hi hota hai" and "Chalta hai" attitude.

Last edited:
:lol:

Quite a sad affair really. We are at the mercy of energy companies and even praise them for their services while sustainable energy sources are locked away behind 500% tax. I didn't think the Leela would suffer from it considering they're a high end hotel and can afford to be on massive generators. But stable constant power is an alien concept where everything runs on "aisa hi hota hai" and "Chalta hai" attitude.

yup, agreed

Yet the Amphion speakers bookshelves Helium 410 comes up again...now I think there is something special about them:cool:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back