What HiFi - Delhi

This was the first time I went for a show like this. Spent about an hour there.

The highlight was the Sonodyne Avant C2 series, was my first experience with Sonodyne and I was blown away. The Kef Q600c was the other highlight as expected. I was primarily looking for center channels so did not see much else.

The biggest appointment was the Taga Harmony set on display, poor sound, overpriced and I was very underwhelmed.

This was the first time I went for a show like this. Spent about an hour there.

The highlight was the Sonodyne Avant C2 series, was my first experience with Sonodyne and I was blown away. The Kef Q600c was the other highlight as expected. I was primarily looking for center channels so did not see much else.

The biggest appointment was the Taga Harmony set on display, poor sound, overpriced and I was very underwhelmed.

These What Hi-Fi Expo don't seem to happening south, down south & is more concentrated to Mumbai & Delhi.. Wish they accommodate one such expo for south/ down south too..

Appreciate if you could share some pics from the Expo..

These What Hi-Fi Expo don't seem to happening south, down south & is more concentrated to Mumbai & Delhi.. Wish they accommodate one such expo for south/ down south too..

Seems you missed the one in Bangalore last year.

No impressions of the show?
I liked the Show a lot.
The Hotel was good.
The rooms were nice.
Lots of Audio Gear.
A fair bit of 2 CH & lots of HT !
There were a lot of great sounding rooms.
The New Jamo Speaker @ Rs. 55/- K was the best for me.
I liked the Q Acoustics a lot.
The PMC & AVM was the best set up room @ the Show.
There was Dynaudio / Sonus Faber / McIntosh / Wadia / Focal / Naim / JBL with Synthesis / Rega / Piega / Devialet etc. etc. That list is very long.
I can keep posting - but I want the New Delhi members to chime in.
What they liked & the Show !!
I was very happy with the efforts of What Hi Fi Magazine & so many D & D's were present !! Sahil with Focal & Naim canme in with a 'big bang' !!

Yes Very surprising. Virtually no feedback from Delhi FM's. Was the show that bad!
Cheers,
Sid

Sir,
It was a great Show.
I liked it a lot.
Spent 4 days @ it.
Was there from Thursday - till Sunday @ 1700 [had to get to the airport] !
The Hotel & Location was good - close to the airport & well appointed rooms etc.
I shall wait for the ND Chapter of our Forum to chime in...:eek:hyeah:

Oh k.. Hopefully, it happens in Chennai in the coming years..
Sir,
I do not know much - but I think What Hi Fi will stick to Mumbai & ND for the Audio Show, even Bangalore is off the cards - so I believe - but minds can change - if it happens in Chennai - excellent - I would love to visit & the food there is to die for !

I liked the Show a lot.
The Hotel was good.
The rooms were nice.
Lots of Audio Gear.
A fair bit of 2 CH & lots of HT !
There were a lot of great sounding rooms.
The New Jamo Speaker @ Rs. 55/- K was the best for me.
I liked the Q Acoustics a lot.
The PMC & AVM was the best set up room @ the Show.
There was Dynaudio / Sonus Faber / McIntosh / Wadia / Focal / Naim / JBL with Synthesis / Rega / Piega / Devialet etc. etc. That list is very long.
I can keep posting - but I want the New Delhi members to chime in.
What they liked & the Show !!
I was very happy with the efforts of What Hi Fi Magazine & so many D & D's were present !! Sahil with Focal & Naim canme in with a 'big bang' !!

Could you please share your experience with Piega speakers as it is relatively a new name in US/UK/Indian market? Thanks for your time

HiFi Rig: JRiver > Chord 2Qute > Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 > Arcam FMJ A32 > Piega Classic 3.0

It's a top speaker maker from Switzerland. I have heard it before in several countries. I respect the brand a lot. Needs careful partering.. Else the tweeter can get overwhelming.... Cables are important... It works well with vdH Cables... I like these speakers. Highly recommend...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back