What is AUX ? and how to use it ?

Aryan

Hi all,

I have Pioneer player in i10. The player has a Auxilary mode to run things like ipod.

could you please advise how to use it. coz the cable that it has attached with the player does not play my Sony MP3 Walkman Series player.

Thanks,

...not familier with car audio. Hope someone can help you out here.

All the best.

Last edited:
Hi Aryan,

Can you describe the problem in more detail? Usually the following sequence works:

- Switch on the deck

- Select channel to 'Aux', using controls that allow you to switch between cd/ tape/ tuner/ aux etc.

- Plug in your external device into the Aux port

- Play your device!

Hi Aryan,

Can you describe the problem in more detail? Usually the following sequence works:

- Switch on the deck

- Select channel to 'Aux', using controls that allow you to switch between cd/ tape/ tuner/ aux etc.

- Plug in your external device into the Aux port

- Play your device!

Hi Persi,

The Sequence you've given is correct i.e, switch on the deck, select 'AUX' from the deck panel, Connect external device to Aux port.

Now the Aux port is an "A" male USB cable coming out of the deck.
External devise is Sony NW-A608 MP3 player with USB mini "B" outlet to charge the devise at one end and headphone connection at the other.

I tried to connect the device from USB side and then headphone side but doesn't seem to work.

I don't really know how to explain the technicality of the whole thing but I have tried.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Can you please give the model number of your Pioneer HU

That will make things easy to explain you :)

Now the Aux port is an "A" male USB cable coming out of the deck.
External devise is Sony NW-A608 MP3 player with USB mini "B" outlet to charge the devise at one end and headphone connection at the other.

Have you tried using the correct cable?
USB Cables - Cables

belkin_F3U133-20INCH.jpg

Hi aryan
I checked the manual of 4800 and it says it has 2 aux connections
One which uses stereo mini plug and another IP-BUS-RCA connector.

I guess the one which uses stereo mini plug would be useful for you as you would be connecting your Sony MP3 player by its headphone out.

So maybe its just that you have to switch between AUX1 and AUX2?

If you are using the stero mini plug there is no reason why it should not play.

Hi aryan
I checked the manual of 4800 and it says it has 2 aux connections
One which uses stereo mini plug and another IP-BUS-RCA connector.

I guess the one which uses stereo mini plug would be useful for you as you would be connecting your Sony MP3 player by its headphone out.

So maybe its just that you have to switch between AUX1 and AUX2?

If you are using the stero mini plug there is no reason why it should not play.

Thanks for going thru the trouble of reading the manual.
I am not carrying my deck today, I might be wrong with the model number, sorry about that, but I definitly be doing some R n D and will be updating all on the results.

Thanks for help
Aryan

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back