What is LAN and how to use it in TV

asaldharan

Hi All,

Hope all are doing good.

First of all, I am completely a noob in networking. I have a Samsung LED (Model No. UA32D5000PRMXL) and its been nearly 4+ years since I bought the TV and never thought of LAN in my TV.

Suddenly I got interested on this. So please guide what it is, how it can be used etc., Can I access all the files in my PC in TV using LAN?

Thanks in advance.

Just connect the wire connecting your internet modem with the TV. You can buy a RJ45 cable for the required length from any shop.
Or if you have a WiFi in the TV and also at home then connect this them wirelessly, lime you would have your laptop or mobile

But why do you need to want man after all these years?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

@OP the tv is pretty outdated to search for features but some sites say it has dlna. It surely doesn't have wifi. Now if it has dlna you can try to share files via dlna using your pc and try acccessing them via your tv refer guide How to Connect a PC to an LCD HDTV Via Ethernet | Chron.com

Yes. It seems to have DLNA. So Can I connect my PC to TV and view all the movies in TV where the original physical file is in PC?

Just connect the wire connecting your internet modem with the TV. You can buy a RJ45 cable for the required length from any shop.
Or if you have a WiFi in the TV and also at home then connect this them wirelessly, lime you would have your laptop or mobile

But why do you need to want man after all these years?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry. I dont have an answer for you. It just struck my mind.

BTW, My TV is not a Smart TV so why they want to provide LAN support? Any Idea? I believe just to use ALLShare( Samsung provided App like thing to connect their products via network) Is it?

Sorry. I dont have an answer for you. It just struck my mind.

BTW, My TV is not a Smart TV so why they want to provide LAN support? Any Idea? I believe just to use ALLShare( Samsung provided App like thing to connect their products via network) Is it?

Yes.. you are right.. Good to use the feature..You can use other application like iMediasahre to wirelessly share your gallery on your mobile to the TV...

Yes. It seems to have DLNA. So Can I connect my PC to TV and view all the movies in TV where the original physical file is in PC?

Hopefully yes,share the files over dlna or plex,connect the tv via lan and let us know if it works..Google for tutorials ..All the best

If it has a spare HDMI port get Chromecast. Will make your TV a smart TV. You can then stream anything online and also from local sources using Plex or Kodi.

Will be much easier than pulling LAN cable or HDMI cable from a PC.

The LAN port on this model is only for AllShare and performing software upgrade. AllShare is samsung terminology of some poor implementation DLNA I presume. YOu can connect samsum devices via allshare and use it to view photos and movies and music.

If it has a spare HDMI port get Chromecast. Will make your TV a smart TV. You can then stream anything online and also from local sources using Plex or Kodi.

Will be much easier than pulling LAN cable or HDMI cable from a PC.

ChromeCast is not much useful in India. Although, I have some doubts in chromecast. Hope you do not mind to clear mine.

If I connect my PC and TV through Chromecast via Wifi, will I be able to access my files and folders (in PC) from TV? or It will just cast the screen of my PC to my TV (Ex: For movies, I need to play the content in PC and then I can watch it in TV but without any control like Pause, stop etc.,?)

Last edited:
^^ Nope you cannot access files via chromcast,(probably mirror mobile screen and then navigate, which is kinda stupid) and I dont know from where did you get the idea Chromcast is not useful in India. Chromecast enables to stream videos from various devices, it is one gadget I am extensively using. A small example is, you watching a youtube video, or say you come across any video on FB or any social media platform that opens in youtube, you immediately can send it to your TV via chromcast. Same goes with any audio as well. The app just needs to support chromcast and loads n loads of, infact almost all popular video apps support chromecast now. Like netflix, hotstar. Again for example U you watching something on hotstart app on your tab/mobile and immediately wants to watch it on TV, just click chromcast icon and there you go video starts playing on TV.
So its a streaming device.

Last edited:
ChromeCast is not much useful in India. Although, I have some doubts in chromecast. Hope you do not mind to clear mine.

If I connect my PC and TV through Chromecast via Wifi, will I be able to access my files and folders (in PC) from TV? or It will just cast the screen of my PC to my TV (Ex: For movies, I need to play the content in PC and then I can watch it in TV but without any control like Pause, stop etc.,)

You can cast any local content... but you must be running Plex Media Server on a PC/laptop and then that content can be accessed via the Plex app in Chromecast.

And of course you can use apps in Chromecast for online content and also share whatever is playing on the Chrome browser.

The only caveat I can think of is the need to pay for the Plex Android app.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back