What is one brand you spotted early and then it became really big

I think he has said what he had in mind as did others.
This thread is now way off from the original topic.https://www.hifivision.com/#community-centre.31

(What is one brand you spotted early and then it became really big)​

Maybe the discussion on Achals and Indiq audio and civil debates between fanboys and haters, fence sitters and others can continue in the appropriate thread?

Since I became an accidental owner after just one audition (of a different model), I really want to ask: Can we mention REL in the Indian context?
I think in the years to come, they will give SVS and Rythmik a run for their money. And become more mainstream. And all of us including predator and T-x series owners will not be able to gloat. :(

Among True Indian brands, of course the Rethms.

Since I became an accidental owner after just one audition (of a different model), I really want to ask: Can we mention REL in the Indian context?
I think in the years to come, they will give SVS and Rythmik a run for their money. And become more mainstream. And all of us including predator and T-x series owners will not be able to gloat. :(

Among True Indian brands, of course the Rethms.
Quite the contrary! Now that is has permeated the Indian Audiophile consciousness, prices of every single model have been hiked massively. I remember getting my T9i just last year at a price which was lowest anywhere on this planet (upon searching online so keeping brick and mortar shops out of the ambit since that depends on negotiation skills). 9 months down the line, prices had already been increased by 5%. Now, in the range of a whopping 20-30%.

Quite the contrary! Now that is has permeated the Indian Audiophile consciousness, prices of every single model have been hiked massively. I remember getting my T9i just last year at a price which was lowest anywhere on this planet (upon searching online so keeping brick and mortar shops out of the ambit since that depends on negotiation skills). 9 months down the line, prices had already been increased by 5%. Now, in the range of a whopping 20-30%.
True, Rel prices have gone up by a lot in India. Although outside India, the price is much lower. Infact on the Adorama site, the best possible discounts were given for them few months ago.
In India generally when the demand for any product is seen, the prices shoot up illogically.
Rythmik and SVS will still have their share of fans as they appeal to different tastes.

Last edited:
Completely agree with @DB1989 and @Nitin K .
I too got my rel at a very reasonable price last year.
The unreasonable price hike might very well attribute to lack of interest in prospective buyer as there are lot other offerings from the likes of rythmik, jlaudio, svs et al who may steal the lions share.
May the importers see this and price rel reasonably.

Two brands i bet on some years back were Emotiva and Oppo. While Oppo was reasonably established, it still seemed overpriced for a BDP. On the other hand, Emotiva was relatively new, the UMC-1 had so many firmware issues. Having late night calls to get solutions and sometimes they even shipped stuff free of charge, made me realize that from a customer service perspective, they were unmatchable.

Happy, they are a much more established brand, although I feel not so VFM anymore but I suppose thats fine.

In 1999, I came across a Internet only company called Aperion Audio. Their prices, advertisement and reviews were mouth watering. Around 2003 or so, I visited the US to drop my son in a college in McMinnville, Oregon. When I was driving from Portland to McMinnville, I realized that Aperion Audio's HQ was just a small drive away from the main route.

On a lark, I dropped into their office and listened to their L&R (532-L&R) and center channel (532-C). The center channel had a unique design called vertical array. Impressed with what I was hearing I picked up the bookshelves and center channel. I have been using these speakers with great satisfaction since that day.

Aperion Audio started with a 1500$ investment, and is today a multi million dollar company. They still continue with their Internet only selling. I wish I had put in some 1000$ into the company then.

Cheers.

Oppo BDP83 at launch when a lot less ppl knew Oppo and knew it only as a Blu ray manufacturer (and not the mobile phone maker) . Never disappointed. Truly legendary craftsmanship by a company that truly cared every single communication i did with them and truly cared for customer delight

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back