What is the Best DAC Under 20k for Streaming Tidal/Spotify via Integrated Amp?

abhi33

Dear FMs,

Please advise on the Best DAC under 20k Price range available in India now for Stereo Music streaming via Tidal/Spotify/AppleMusic etc. Also suggest if better alternative would be a Streamer.
Does Streamer have the same quality DAC? Ultimately best Music streaming is the requiement (Budget- for DAC Rs. 20k and for Streamer Rs. 30k)

Thanks in advance

Get a NUC preferably Nuc8i5beh (22K +8K) and put Roon on it (9$/month). That's your best bet at that budget. This will serve as DAC + Streamer + Music Aggregator.

Does Streamer have the same quality DAC
Depends - but the DACs most decent streamers come with are in no way bad. However, a dedicated DAC is just that the entire circuitry is built to do one thing so theoretically should be better.

In your budget I believe Schiit Modi 3+ is under 13K and is a pretty solid DAC that you can’t go wrong with. You can get better but to achieve a big jump, price will be a lot higher. For streamers I am not aware of any in the budget except the RB Pi based setups - but they are not the easiest to work with. Going the PC (nuc)/used Mac mini way just adds more hardware like keyboard/mice/monitors etc, in the way of it all which I personally find extremely cumbersome, but might work for you.

You have a budget of 50K - why not a blue sound node 2i? Definitely not the best out there, but for the budget you will be hard pressed to complain. The app is smooth, the inbuilt DAC is competitive enough and ease of use takes the cake.

Topping E30 or Schiit Modi 3+ with Chromecast Audio would be a decent setup. If CCA not available Mi Box 4k with digital out can be used. Excess budget can be used for better amp or speaker

Depends - but the DACs most decent streamers come with are in no way bad. However, a dedicated DAC is just that the entire circuitry is built to do one thing so theoretically should be better.

In your budget I believe Schiit Modi 3+ is under 13K and is a pretty solid DAC that you can’t go wrong with. You can get better but to achieve a big jump, price will be a lot higher. For streamers I am not aware of any in the budget except the RB Pi based setups - but they are not the easiest to work with. Going the PC (nuc)/used Mac mini way just adds more hardware like keyboard/mice/monitors etc, in the way of it all which I personally find extremely cumbersome, but might work for you.

You have a budget of 50K - why not a blue sound node 2i? Definitely not the best out there, but for the budget you will be hard pressed to complain. The app is smooth, the inbuilt DAC is competitive enough and ease of use takes the cake.
Thanks Chander, Anything between Modi 3+ and Bluesound Node21 ? Specifically DAC better than Modi 3+ and upto 20K max. And preferably one with volume Remote control and RCA Out.

Last edited:
Topping E30 or Schiit Modi 3+ with Chromecast Audio would be a decent setup. If CCA not available Mi Box 4k with digital out can be used. Excess budget can be used for better amp or speaker
@abava, I have AMP and Speakers already so just trying to go for best DAC with 20k Range and preferably one with volume Remote control and RCA Out.

Specifically DAC better than Modi 3+ and upto 20K max. And preferably one with volume Remote control and RCA Out.
Well if it works for you there is a Musical Fidelity V DAC II in the “For Sale” section here - you can get enough feedback in the forum with a simple search. I personally would go in the Chord territory if I had to upgrade from the Modi 3+, I believe the difference there will substantial and justified too. I currently use a AQ DF Cobalt, but my reasons for choosing it were very different and I personally feel the Modi II multibit sounded better than the Cobalt at less than half the price.

I am personally not aware of any with a remote in this price.

You can also check these links if they help you find something -

Last edited:
You can get Allo katana player well under 20k. It has inbuilt dac if I am not wrong. You can put moode audio software and use it as a streamer.

I have a brand new Topping E30 to let go off. It is less than a month old and is under warranty. In new condition with all cables and remote. PM if anyone is interested.

If you want to have a good dac with streamer and do not want to spend much than search for Allo Digione paired with Raspberry pi which acts as a brilliant streamer.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back