what is the best place to buy 2.1 in hyderabad

martsmac

i am tired of waiting to find a dealer who will be reasonable in prices. can anyone suggest a good shop in hyd/secunderbad. please also suggest a good 2.1 speakers for under 8K.

Thanks in advance

your budget seems to be quite low to suggest a 2.1 system. My take is first you go and look at Reliance Digital in Banjara Hills - they have lots of music systems (Philips, sony, LG etc) as well as 2.1 like JBL etc; you can then go for Apple istore also at Banjara Hills , Ashoka Metropolitan mall where you have dedicated 2.1 for ipod and computer. I think these two places are a good starting points. Apart from these there are anyway altec lansing and creative , logitech etc. Typically they are not in demo, but I did see them on demo as well in Croma , Madhapur. so, good luck

what is a good budget for 2.1? i dont care for the brand as long as it gives good sound. i also care about reliability of the product. please suggest me some brands and how much i should be prepared to spend.

martsmac,

Firstly, what is the source? Is it a PC or a HT setup with an amp? The best I can suggest/have come across in 2.0 for PC are Audioengine A5 costing around 18K, not available here, but can be ordered online. However, suggestions can be made based on your requirement, your source and your budget.

Coming to dealers for PC products the best place is CTC. Reliance Digital, Croma, X-Cite stock some PC products and some HT products but not a very exhaustive range, but still they are the best in the VFM segment especially for HT products.

martsmac,

Firstly, what is the source? Is it a PC or a HT setup with an amp? The best I can suggest/have come across in 2.0 for PC are Audioengine A5 costing around 18K, not available here, but can be ordered online. However, suggestions can be made based on your requirement, your source and your budget.

Coming to dealers for PC products the best place is CTC. Reliance Digital, Croma, X-Cite stock some PC products and some HT products but not a very exhaustive range, but still they are the best in the VFM segment especially for HT products.

my source is a laptop with EMU 0202 USB soundcard and a cowon D2 with an IBASSO d3 mini amp for my portable source. untill now, my usage is only limited to IEM's and headphones

my budget is around 8k. i tried CTC and i dont find anything out of the basic range speakers. where are croma and x-cite located?

my source is a laptop with EMU 0202 USB soundcard and a cowon D2 with an IBASSO d3 mini amp for my portable source. untill now, my usage is only limited to IEM's and headphones

my budget is around 8k. i tried CTC and i dont find anything out of the basic range speakers. where are croma and x-cite located?

Croma is in Madhapur on the way to Hitech City and X-Cite is located at Ashok Metropolitan Mall right before you take turning to Road No. 12 Banjara Hills, you will see it on the left hand side, X-Cite is in the top floor of this mall.

For 8K you will get PC speakers/powered speakers. Decide now if its going to be limited to this or you will be wanting to upgrade to a 5.1 setup later on. If its the latter then you will have to up the budget. If its just for PC/laptop usage then 8K is a great budget.

Options to consider - Altec Lansing MS-5021 around 7K, were available online at Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics for Rs. 6800 a while back, do check with them. Other options to consider are Creative but nothing in the lower end of 2.0 or 2.1. For your budget you would get 5.1 to 7.1, but not really great for audiophile music SQ and if its music you are looking for then 2.0 would be great. Another excellent option is Audioengine A2 costing around 10K again need to be ordered online. JBL is another option to be considered especially the SoundStick and Creature range.

Croma is in Madhapur on the way to Hitech City and X-Cite is located at Ashok Metropolitan Mall right before you take turning to Road No. 12 Banjara Hills, you will see it on the left hand side, X-Cite is in the top floor of this mall.

For 8K you will get PC speakers/powered speakers. Decide now if its going to be limited to this or you will be wanting to upgrade to a 5.1 setup later on. If its the latter then you will have to up the budget. If its just for PC/laptop usage then 8K is a great budget.

Options to consider - Altec Lansing MS-5021 around 7K, were available online at Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics for Rs. 6800 a while back, do check with them. Other options to consider are Creative but nothing in the lower end of 2.0 or 2.1. For your budget you would get 5.1 to 7.1, but not really great for audiophile music SQ and if its music you are looking for then 2.0 would be great. Another excellent option is Audioengine A2 costing around 10K again need to be ordered online. JBL is another option to be considered especially the SoundStick and Creature range.

Thanks for the advise. i will check them out.

JBL soundstage looks awesome, will it perform the same way? or am i better off with altec lansing mx 5021. i am trying to avoid creative as much as possible, something abt the quality bugs me. i dont need a 5.1, my interest is quality of sound.

where can i order AudioEngine 2? are these e-commerce websites safe? i got ripped off one time when i paid and product never got delivered.

Thanks for the advise. i will check them out.

JBL soundstage looks awesome, will it perform the same way? or am i better off with altec lansing mx 5021. i am trying to avoid creative as much as possible, something abt the quality bugs me. i dont need a 5.1, my interest is quality of sound.

where can i order AudioEngine 2? are these e-commerce websites safe? i got ripped off one time when i paid and product never got delivered.

JBL Soundstick is pretty good. Cost around 10-11K or so if I remember correctly. You can listen to them in Prasads Mall at the JBL-HK Shop or at Reliance Digital. Lower priced models too are available if I remember correctly. Search in this forum for Audioengine. Some links were posted for ordering them online. If you can source the Altec Lansing, nothing like it, but do listen to the JBL too before making a decision.

i got the chance to audition mx 5021 at a friend's place. it is way better than the soundsticks 2. i cant buy it anywhere in Andhra for less than 8400. i am thinking of getting them from bangalore through a friend. can anyone suggest me a good shop in sp road.

Try ordering it online from the link I posted. See if its still available for under 7K and how much they will charge for shipping.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back