What is the difference between Marantz PM 7005 which is an integrated amp vs Cambridge CXN V2 ?

What is the difference between Marantz PM 7005 which is an integrated amp vs Cambridge CXN V2 ?
Answer is there in your question.:)
Basic answer not the comparison :-
Cxn V2 is pre amp you cannot directly drive the speaker and u need Poweramp or integrated amp/stereo receiver to drive the speaker.
Marantz pm7005 is IA you can drive the speaker directly.
Hope this clarifies.

Thanks Buddy..Can you please suggest for a Hi Fi Stereo environment which would be the better setup. Like I have a HT Environment where i use Denon X2200 with Dali Zensor 7 as Front , Dali Zensor 1 as Back and Dali Vokal and SVS for Sub woofer. Using the Pre Out of the Denon X2200 I can Connect to CD Player as well as CXN V2 ? Right ? Or should I keep PM7005 and CD Player separate.

I have all my music in FLAC / MP3 in HD and lots of CD's

Using the Pre Out of the Denon X2200 I can Connect to CD Player as well as CXN V2 ?
What is the idea behind ?
What are u trying to do?
I am not understanding here.
Denon is something like preamp here ( it you connect as mentioned above)digital out put will not be fed out in pre out of your denonX2200 (hope u are asking for zone 2 out) real pre out is not there in Denonx2200.
Only analogue in only will be fed out of zone 2 pre out afaik.

Cd player is a source why do you want to connect in pre out of your Denon Avr?

U are confused here I think!!

U have to connect as mentioned below options.
Cd player optical /coaxial out=>optical /coaxial in of cxn V2 connect RCA out /balanced out => power amp/stereo receiver/ia=> speaker
Cd player optical /coaxial out=> Denon x2200 optical /coaxial in=> speaker
Cdplayer optical / coaxial out =>coaxial/optical input of Marantz pm7005 => directly to speaker

Marantz is an amplifier. You can connect speakers to it directly. Good if you want an independent stereo setup.

CXN is a streamer cum preamp. You can connect the output of the cxn to your denon and enjoy the streaming as well as dac features of cxn this way. No change in your current setup. Cxn will be an analog input to your denon.

MaSh

Thanks Mash. Thats a great suggestion. So this means I can connect both CD6006 and Cambridge CXN V2 to the Denon AVR and without much hassle and change can enjoy the HT as well as Music with my current Dali setup. This way I can sell away my PM7005. Right ?

One last help please based upon the pictures shared below can you please suggest me what would be the best way to connect CD6006 and Cambridge CXN V2 to the Denon AVR

Attachments

• 61KV4reBfwL._SL1280_.jpg
    61KV4reBfwL._SL1280_.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 71mw2or-fVL._SL1094_.jpg
    71mw2or-fVL._SL1094_.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 19
  • cmb-cxn-v2-silver-1.jpg
    cmb-cxn-v2-silver-1.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 19
I have almost same combination...Sony bluray player as source ...connected to Denon x 3600 H via HDMI....Denon is connected to all surrounds and subwoofer...(REL)...connected the Denon' s front preouts to Marantz 6007 stereo as bi.amping...I also have the CXN v2 ...I have connected the source Sony to cxn v2 by coaxial.while connecting cxn ' s RCA out to Marantz analogue input..Marntz speker oits are connected to Monitor Audio passive speakers via bi amping and bi wiring...all items connected to separate power sources...when I listen home theatre I swich off CXN ....but both Denon and Maranz would be swiched on.while playing home theatre.......while playing music I swich off Denon, keep the Marantz and cxn on...same source Sony player...no need to buy or sell anything...your front speakers should be bi wirable...and to enhance the effect of music ypu can use CXN v2 preamp mode feeding to Marantz....heaven....this is the best solution,...I think...it works beautifully for me...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back