What is the hottest led tv in the 48 to 52 inch these days ?

square_wave

I have been out of the market for a long while. I currently run a samsung 5 series lcd 37 inches.

No smart tvs with camera and all that please ! Performance should be the only criteria. Full hd, no curved tvs, no 4k needed. 3d is okay.

Last edited:
Hi

Lots of brands and features out there...it all depends what appeals to you in budget, performance, connectivity etc....what you need to look out for is warranty, after sales service and best prices....

Go to a Vijay Sales / E Zone etc and compare TVs side to side and decide....don't rush

Have just ordered the Sony kdl- 50 800 D yesterday. Got it at a gud deal.am yet to receive it. will post reviews soon.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Many years back, when I bought my samsung, the market was budding. Plasmas were still popular and were the king when it came to black levels and natural colours. Sony and Samsung were market leaders and were trying to gain supremacy in the lcd market. Series 5 and 6 from Samsung was the price vs performance king. There used to be a 100 + page discussion on the avs forum on the 5 series.

I know the market has changed so much now. There are too many brands and almost all of them meet the entry barrier for decent or even good performance.

But the home theater enthusiasts and purists always know the dark horses in the market always ;) Was hoping some of those people would chime in.

Last edited:
In vijay sales you would see all old models there is LG uh850T upcoming Samsung KS8000 and Sony x930d

OT, but whatever TV you buy make sure you get one with an extended warranty. The failure rate for panels is very high these days.

FWIW, all my friends living in the US blindly follow recommendations from this website - https://lcdtvbuyingguide.com

Last edited:
If you want to save money, you can go for TV from Vu and Infocus brand. It has confirm by the user that quality of these brands are good.

No smart tvs with camera and all that please ! Performance should be the only criteria. Full hd, no curved tvs, no 4k needed. 3d is okay.

I know the market has changed so much now. There are too many brands and almost all of them meet the entry barrier for decent or even good performance.

Consider TV's from any of these brands assuming you would buy online.

1) Micromax 50inch TV on Flipkart - Approx 33K with a straight 3 yrs standard warranty (Guess till 31st Jul). Two of my friends own this TV for a year now and so far no issues.. Handfull of ppl on this forum who own it..

2) VU 55inch TV on Flipkart - 40K with 1 year warranty, you will need to purchase 2 yrs extended warranty for 2 yrs for 5K. so Total 45K ith 3 yrs warranty.. Large section of ppl on the forum own this TV..

3) Infocus 60inch on Flipkart - 70K with 1 yr warranty (sometimes 3 yrs are provided straight but only on big sale events or festive season). Keep checking from time to time.. Infocus has bough some stake in SHARP and they are manufacturing the TV in India.. The panel is by SHARP. So should be better than VU (or) Micromax.

If budget isn't a constraint, then Infcous 60inch it should be with 3 yrs warranty..

If you are buying from Flipkart, make sure the seller is "WSRetail" as they facilitate hassle-free installation, 30 day return policy and they duly replace the TV should something happen during transit.

Recently, I have seen add of Live Tv on Times. I don't know further about it but may be the good at entry level

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back