Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!
If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.
Some tips to get a good deal
- Never shop in a hurry and even if you are indeed in a hurry (or rather desperate) never let the dealer know about it. The moment dealer knows this there goes your bargaining power.
- Make several visits, ask tons of questions even though you know the answers beforehand, see that the dealer spends considerable amount of time with you. The more time the dealer invests in you the more s/he will become desperate in closing the sale (and get rid of you!).
- For negotiation select your time rather tactfully:
- Avoid morning and evening timings; best time is within 1-2 hours post lunch. In the morning dealer has a whole day ahead so s/he may not be very enthusiastic in starting a day with discounts, in the evening there are more customers in the shop, new hopes for the dealer, no time for negotiations. Post lunch everybody is rather lethargic (quite natural as most of the blood supply is diverted to help complete the complex digestion process , brain receives a bare minimum blood and O2 supply, that slows down thinking and reflexes)
By the way, this post luch timing is very ideal to discuss / negotiate with you boss on work assignments, leave sanctions, salary hike, promotion, overseas oppotunity etc.
- Avoid week ends (Saturday and Sunday) , reason again the same - more customers in the shop, new hopes for the dealer , no time for negotiations. Also avoid Monday and Friday too. Monday is the start of a fresh week and Friday is preparation for another hectic weekend full of business activities. Mid week that is Wednesday is the best.
- Avoid first and second week of any month, ideal is last Wednesday of a month. Customer turnover is always low around month end and dealer/sales person is hard pressed to meet sales targets.
- Avoid Festival seasons like Diwali, Xmas also a month before and after Union finance Budget. Jan-Feb (first half), JUN-JUL-AUG , SEP (second half - half yearly closing!) are good time slots.
Well I can go on and on with more tips but then dealer community on this forum will kick me out of this forum???.
I have a feeling 540A V2 is selling for less than 18k. I had a hard time selling my 540A V2 amp and MS 906i speakers combo and finally got 20k for it in the end. I was told at one point that a new 540A was going as low as 16k. No source cited of course.
You mean to say you got 20k for the combo ?You must have paid some 43/45k for both right ?
That is daylight robbery !
I am actually looking for a used but reliable amplifier for my Lcd setup while my friend is looking for a new one for his personal use.
I wish you were selling now. I would have happily paid some 12k for the amp alone.