What is the upper limit of your hearing?

And how did you guys measure this?

Not sure if this is just psychological, but I think I can hear better using my right ear during a phone conversation.

Without headphones i could go upto 16KHZ.

My dad has a hearing problem so i am a little cautious in these tests to provide for some inherited loss in future years.

Where do you think medical technology is headed. Will it solve hearing problems in say the next twenty years. Any longer and it may be of no use to me.

There are some tests that you can run off the net as well.

You put on a headphone and click along the frequency spectrum and at some point you will stop hearing.

I guess these provide crude approximations. I did mine without the headphones.

Just curious, what made you guys test this? Apart from Cranky having a medical reason.

There are some tests that you can run off the net as well.

You put on a headphone and click along the frequency spectrum and at some point you will stop hearing.

I guess these provide crude approximations. I did mine without the headphones.

Wow, thanks for this. I found a site here which offers free tests.
FreeHearingTest.com

Will try at home and post here.

CRT buzz....

If you doubt the accuracy of the online tests, then there is a way out....

Do you still hear the buzz generated by CRT televisions and monitors?

That buzz ~ 16Khz. I can still pick the buzz with my left ear and I know when a TV is turned on somewhere in an adjacent room.

But god knows what screwed my right ear! :rolleyes:

Maybe years of Diwali Dhamaka in the neighborhood?

..there is a 6KHz tone pretty much through the day in this ear.

Cranky...I think that continuous ringing in the ear will lead to hearing loss in the later stages of one's life. I too have the same problem......but thats only when there is absolute silence..I hear these imaginary sounds, tones and sometimes voices(creepy ehh?)...probably thats the reason..I turn on my ipod when I hit my bed..but all these problems and doctor's diagnosis never stops me from enjoying rock, metal, rap etc....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back