What laptop to buy in the 30-35K range?

svenkateshsmart

Dear friends,

Need your guidance on finalizing a laptop in the 30-35K range.

Have been using HP530 and Acer 4736z over the past few years. Currently, both are becoming increasingly unstable.

My usage would be mostly 1) graphical and project management applications 2) outlook, email 3) VPN 4) internet browsing

I would require at least:
1) I3 or I5 processor
2) 150-500 GB HDD
3) 4gb ram
4) WiFi (with good throughput)
5) USB 3.0
6) Bluetooth 3.0
7) Card Reader
8) 14" Screen
9) HDMI out

Cheers!

though this is not the forum for laptops but the sony viao has some with i3 processor in that range

i recently bought the HP Pavillion G6 AMD Vision quad core 2.4 ghz based lappy for 33k. 4 gb ram, 1.5 ghz dedicated amd radeon graphics with hdmi, 650 gb hdd. decent machine with 1 yr onsite warranty and accidental damage cover.!

http://h20424.www2.hp.com/campaign/..._EBO gSeries(AMD)_A4 Brochure_English_WEB.pdf

cheers

I have been a happy HP user, but has had experienced nightmares with regard reliability and after-sales support of HP products at my workplace. So, feeling unsafe to go with HP lappy as I keep all my data in laptop

you really shouldn't, keep them backed up externally.Can even keep in external location like amazon cloud server which is free

Thanks. However, I have a VPS as well as a cloud backup server with Exavault, in addition to my external HDD. Per se the data is secure.

The reliability what I referred to is, conking off often, etc., which would affect me badly as I run quite a lot of PM applications.

I'm looking for a reliable net-top mostly for downloading purpose for, usage:10-12 hours a day, please suggest most reliable brand having best after sales service in india.

i have a samsung N120 nettop but its fan has failed.

Thanks in advance

I'm looking for a reliable net-top mostly for downloading purpose for, usage:10-12 hours a day, please suggest most reliable brand having best after sales service in india.

i have a samsung N120 nettop but its fan has failed.

Thanks in advance

For reliability Mac mini(30-34K)
For VFM zotac zbox(small size & less than 24k price)
For cheap DIY itx based htpc in a itx case :D ...
Other option might be the HTPC launched by Xstremer... Last time I chked it was for less than 19K... Chk out sam's htpc thread... Lots of good tips there...

For reliability Mac mini(30-34K)
For VFM zotac zbox(small size & less than 24k price)
For cheap DIY itx based htpc in a itx case :D ...
Other option might be the HTPC launched by Xstremer... Last time I chked it was for less than 19K... Chk out sam's htpc thread... Lots of good tips there...

thanks buddy

mac mini sounds like a good option

HTPC by xtreamer--> is this available in india

Dear friends,

Need your guidance on finalizing a laptop in the 30-35K range.

Have been using HP530 and Acer 4736z over the past few years. Currently, both are becoming increasingly unstable.

What is the issue with the current ones, typically a servicing with new HD (or formatting existing one) and additional RAM will restore most laptops as junk info and orphan registry entries and libraries cause the instability in most cases.

If the above is not an option, you should look to purchasing a "business laptop" which are relatively low on features but use better components than the commercial ones. Also warranty is better for these machines. You will have to stretch your budget by a small bit otherwise you can stick to commercial offerings.

In your list I would look into having one that has the maximum RAM since you mention graphic applications and the trend is for them to stress the memory more and more (even though most of the app builders stress the CPU/GPU performance).

I would look to Asus and Lenovo as the 1 & 2 options.

Hi,

ASUS has a lot of models in this price range.
They have good configurations at decent prices compared to other brands
Please have a look.

K53 i3 based - around 29 K
X53 i5 based - around 35K

Recently I have purchased an ASUS Netbook ( seashell) based on Atom N570 and pretty happy with it.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hello Friends

DELL has opened a manufacturing/assembling unit in chennai

i can recomend DELL, because of the reliablity and after sales service

iam ex employee of DELL and was into Tech support ,i know what kind of machines are they,

I recomend you to go for XPS 1530 , 15' screen size ,
if your budget is little more then go for Alienware, if the budget is less go for inspiron15R

you may feel free to contact me for any information and can also try to get you EPP discount ( Employee purchase scheme )

Regards

Tanoj

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back