What options for book shelf, subwoofer and stereo apms

dipdawiz

Hello Experts,

I need suggestions of reasonably priced bookshelf speaker (read below 30K a pair for a room 11x10x9ft), a reasonably priced subwoofer (same below 30K) and a stereo amp (no idea about the price, but should be VFM and comparable to other two). Need suggestions in details, long time I am out of touch with AV products :)

Now in details,

1. I have a dedicated home theater room of size 11x10x9ft (approx value, could be little small only). In 5.1 setup with Denon 1713 and Polk Tsi 400 floor-stander, Cs10 center, owm3 surrounds and psw100 subwoofer. Tsi400 is over powered for the room size (and it overpowers the center and surround some times even after Audyssey setup ) and I am not enjoying it to its fullest. Now the plan is, to replace it with little lesser powered bookshelf which suites the room and complements center and surrounds. It would be mainly movie watching and a subwoofer to go with it (for the room size). However I am not planning to upgrade any of the components or whole set as of now.

2. And these floor-standers and existing subwoofer would come out of HT room to living room(18x16x9ft) with TV (with single source of AV - an Amazon Fire TV stick). Currently TV is connected to JBL bar 3.1 which would go inside with bedroom TV. TV is less used and mainly would be used for music. So need an stereo amp to run those floor-standers (Polk tsi 400), good to have - subwoofer out, Bluetooth connectivity for music, HDMI in-out etc.

Last edited:
Hello Experts,

I need suggestions of reasonably priced bookshelf speaker (read below 30K a pair for a room 11x10x9ft), a reasonably priced subwoofer (same below 30K) and a stereo amp (no idea about the price, but should be VFM and comparable to other two). Need suggestions in details, long time I am out of touch with AV products :)

Now in details,

1. I have a dedicated home theater room of size 11x10x9ft (approx value, could be little small only). In 5.1 setup with Denon 1713 and Polk Tsi 400 floor-stander, Cs10 center, owm3 surrounds and psw100 subwoofer. Tsi400 is over powered for the room size (and it overpowers the center and surround some times even after Audyssey setup ) and I am not enjoying it to its fullest. Now the plan is, to replace it with little lesser powered bookshelf which suites the room and complements center and surrounds. It would be mainly movie watching and a subwoofer to go with it (for the room size). However I am not planning to upgrade any of the components or whole set as of now.

2. And these floor-standers and existing subwoofer would come out of HT room to living room(18x16x9ft) with TV (with single source of AV - an Amazon Fire TV stick). Currently TV is connected to JBL bar 3.1 which would go inside with bedroom TV. TV is less used and mainly would be used for music. So need an stereo amp to run those floor-standers (Polk tsi 400), good to have - subwoofer out, Bluetooth connectivity for music, HDMI in-out etc.
Regarding stereo amplifier, you need to clarify whether you need Indian brand or MNC brand.

If you are okay with an Indian Brand, look for Norge Concerto Gold. Its an ultimate value for money.. Needs slightly longer break in time but after that, it really shines in what it is intended to do and for Bookshelf, you can look at IndiqAudio Platinum Mishra..
I have heard this pair in person and they do a good job and I think this combination should cost you around 46 or 47K if I am not wrong. The Speakers really stack up very well against some of the contenders in the same price range and has a Good VFM.

If you are specifically looking for an International Brand, If your feel you can look at Yamaha WXA 50, Marantz 5005, Denon 720, 800 (Better to be used with a speaker that has good sensitivity to get the best out of it. something like 8Ohms and >90DB of sensitivity).
For Speakers, there are a lot of choices but I feel Elac B.2 can be a good all rounder and you can actually get away without a sub for 2 channel listening.
Infact, in both the Bookshelves Platinum Mishra and Elac B6.2 you may not need a SUB and you get better mids on Platinum Mishra compared to Elac. Either ways both are good and have great Value for money.

I had put up a thread recently here on how both these sound. May be you can get some idea.

Regards,
Som

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back