What reciever to buy for Pioneer SP BS 22 Bookshelf Speakers

pnp

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding AV Receivers. I already have a Pioneer SP BS 22 Bookshelf speakers. I plan to buy an AV/Stereo Receiver for them. My budget is around 30 to 40k. Here are my requirements :
1. I mostly listen to (not very loud) music, but occasionally watch TV too.
2, I need the receiver to be Bluetooth compatible.

I tested my speakers with Pioneer VSX 329-K receiver. I was not very happy with it, since I had to crank up the volume on the receiver to 75-80% for even "normal" listening. I felt this could be because (apart from the speaker/receiver has some manufacturing defect) the receiver does not have enough to power the speaker. Hence which receiver would you suggest me to go for ? I am now looking at Denon AVR X520BT (~35k), VSX 430-k - Any comments regarding these?

I am of-course assuming my speakers are not the problem (my Bose Soundlink Mini bluetooth speaker felt louder than these speakers when coupled to VSX 329-k).

Any suggestion/ comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Take your speakers along with you for an audition at some well known home audio stores. They should allow you to hear it with different avr's.
Also if only two channel audio is what you are looking for you can try out stereo receivers, they will sound quute good.

Hi

Try Yamaha 479 / 579 or Marantz 1506 ....there are also other AVRs...carry your most powerful music with you where you feel you need to hear the depth /punch....

All the best...

cableRe: What reciever to buy for Pioneer SP BS 22 Bookshelf Speakers

Thanks for your input!

@efernand1 : Both Yamaha 479 and Marantz 1506 are out of my budget :(
@ravyonee : I do plan to audition the recievers. By the way how do you find your Denon AVR-X500 ?

One more question guys : How much do speaker cables matter? I look through this forum and decided that it is not worth the money and went for low end chinese one. No I am having second thoughts..
Also, can you direct me to some dealer/online seller who sells cables of short length (2 meters or so). Most online sellers sell 10 metres or longer cables.

Re: cableRe: What reciever to buy for Pioneer SP BS 22 Bookshelf Speakers

One more question guys : How much do speaker cables matter? I look through this forum and decided that it is not worth the money and went for low end chinese one. No I am having second thoughts..
Also, can you direct me to some dealer/online seller who sells cables of short length (2 meters or so). Most online sellers sell 10 metres or longer cables.

Take your speakers to Pro Fx, MG Road. They will audition with your speakers. Regarding cables, its a personal choice. Some believe in it, some don't. You should have decent quality copper cables of suitable gauge. Modern World and its subsidiary outlets offer cable of any length.

There are a couple of Stereo amplifiers on sale on the Forum's classified section. Check them out. You could also take a look at my thread Budget Integrated Stereo Amp, where some members have posted their amps.

MaSh

im not sure how the pioneer speakers sound, but i believe that they will be a weak link in your setup, esp with the amps you have in mind. i think you should develop some master plan on the setup you want to go with. firstly do you was a surround sound or stereo. that would depend on what you will be mainly using it for. surround is for movies, and stereo for music. if its mainly for music, i would suggest a stereo setup - much better sound quality at the given budget. and not bad for movies too. no point going for an avr when youre just going to have two fronts.

if you do go the stereo route, the yamaha rs201 is a good option. you should also look at upgrading your speakers at some point in time. with your budget and if you sell your speakers, you can get a pair of wharfedale diamonds (or similar) and the amp

Back