What Speakers/Sub to go with ONKYO TX-NR5007?

sanjayc

Gurus,

Am getting a good deal on Onkyo TX-NR5007 A/V Receiver, and more or less, will be finalizing the same.

Onkyo TX-NR5007 - THX Ultra2 Plus Certified 9.2 Channel Network Receiver | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products

Keeping in mind the Onkyo model, need some expert advise on the speaker/sub setup. Few points to note:

1. Am a complete novice at all these, hence in case anyone derives sadistic pleasure in throwing around geeky stuff:D, please accompany the same with fair amount of layman's lingo or point some links where more details can be gathered:signthankspin:

2. This avr can handle 9.2, include Front L/R/C, High L/R, Wide L/R, Surround L/R, Rear Surround L/R and has 2 dedicated sub-outs. Phew. Initially, I intend to start with the basic 5.1 setup, hence, will require suggestions on Front L/R/C, Sub & Rear Surround L/R speakers.

3. I am more of a movie buff and less of a music guy. My prime requirement will be to watch BD/DVDs & Tata Sky+ (SD/HD) - music is occassional.

4. Room Dimension : 15 X 20 X 9 (Length / Width / Height) as of now.

5. Sony Bravia 40" KLV-40W300A

6. Sony BDP-S370 / WDHD TV / iPhone / iPod / XBOX/PSP/HD Camcorder are the various sources which I will be using

7. Budget for the 5.1 speaker selection ~100K as of now if that is what it takes to separate men from the boys;)

8. Will prefer sourcing from anywhere in India (particularly if servicing in Chennai can be done)..but am open to importing thru borderlinx etc

9. Suggestions regarding 120-240 volt converter and quality speaker cables also are most welcome.

Thanks.

9. Suggestions regarding 120-240 volt converter and quality speaker cables also are most welcome.

(1) I have said this many times before. Audition the speakers before your buy them. Literally all speakers can be auditioned in Chennai. Look for QA, DefTech, Martin Logan, Wharfedales, etc

(2) You have to convert 240 to 120 - not the other way around. Check with SHAH ELECTRONICS - Transformer

(3) Have you budgeted anything for room acoustics?

Cheers

(1) I have said this many times before. Audition the speakers before your buy them. Literally all speakers can be auditioned in Chennai. Look for QA, DefTech, Martin Logan, Wharfedales, etc

(2) You have to convert 240 to 120 - not the other way around. Check with SHAH ELECTRONICS - Transformer

(3) Have you budgeted anything for room acoustics?

Cheers

Venkat, Thanks.

Yes, I will audition but just wanted to have an idea which brands. Will you also suggest HSU VTF2MK3 sub to go with HB1MK2 Front/Left + HC1MK2 Center for giving an audition. It will be a great favor if you can point out some showrooms where I can get the audition.

Right, it should be 240 to 120 - any brands you have in mind for this?

Room acoustics - well not thought of it as yet...but won't mind looking at options avlbl, and getting it done sometime down the line.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back