What system should one buy

I would probably go with the Speaker First for the fresh start .

In some of the Speaker Audition at the dealer place , i felt a mismatch of the source . I would have liked the speaker more if that was paired with the different source .

And in my experience , a decent source sounded no-so-good in my fav speaker . However another cheaper source with a different signature paired well . In entry-mid segment , there is no absolute best to start with, rather the synergy is more important

So for a fresher , it would very difficult to start with the source first . It would be more easier to start with the Speaker . The dealer( speaker) is more responsible for what they sell and pair it carefully to make it sound the best , but un-fortunate that is not the case everywhere .

In the entry ,mid segment it is hard to decide what brings in more significant improvement , and it just a compromise that one makes based on his taste and budget limitation .

And for a fresher , it is even takes time to self-realize what he likes and in these situation starting with the source is more tougher .

The recent technical improvement in DAC is making it cheaper and really challenge the expensive traditional CD players, the difference is marginal . So if one could save the money on this , and invest on Speaker it would bring in more improvement .

Personally I can not go with the TT and CD for the convenience reason . For the DAC , buy an not-very-expensive acceptable quality source and wait for the technology to mature before I make a serious investment in it .

Last edited:
... ... ... For the DAC , buy an not-very-expensive acceptable quality source and wait for the technology to mature before I make a serious investment in it .

Mature? DACs have been around for, ahem, DACades! :cool:

Necessarily at least as long as CD players have.

I don't say that technology is not developing and changing, but that envelops all digital playback whether CD or hdd based.

Mature? DACs have been around for, ahem, DACades! :cool:

Necessarily at least as long as CD players have.

I don't say that technology is not developing and changing, but that envelops all digital playback whether CD or hdd based.

But what we get today ( price to performance ) was not available before .

Price performance change, more than technology change, is true, yes. I don't know how long that can go on. I suppose we'll see :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back