What to buy

Aj rama

Hi guys,
I will be buying home theater system for my new dedicated home theater room, so i need some suggestion in choosing the speakers from the following-
FOCAL chorus 800 series or
JAMO 800 series or
Accusound hd.
I will be finalizing my system soon. Do suggest me the AV receiver for this. And my budget is around 1.5-2 lakh for the speakers and for receiver-50-70,000.
Please do suggest me urgently. Also suggest any other package.

I think you have a very good budget to start with and so please don't be in a hurry take your time and enought auditions and decide. If you are going to comprehensively buy it from a single dealer then you can request for a audition in your home in the same place where you are going to install them.

I had owned Jamo D7 for LCR and D6 for Surr and back with D6 SUB (All are THX certified) connected with Marants SR 9600 but they did not go well together. When I changed to Sunfire receiver the magic worked. IMO THX certifie speakers require high power amps to be driven to their potentials.

I have not experienced personally other speakers other than just having brief audition in the showrooms. I have settled for B&W speaker pacakage with matching amps. I feel your budget has got room for B&W too you can try them before finalising but keep in mind even these speakers demand high power amps.

Thanks

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back