what tv should i buy? confused and sad

jerry53

I bought a plasma (50c6500) last december the tv was extremely beautiful and the pq was amazing but a developed a problem with it (translucent horizontal lines) i must be very unlucky beacause i was the only one with this problem after a month of check ups,gaffes and some strong words i got my set replaced by samsung the very day a.raja was arrested well to my most unpleasant surprise the new set had a problem when the installation guy asked me to hold the tv i touched the portion in the tv where the stand would be fixed guess what i felt in my arm dust i was very much surprised cause the earlier tv i got was without a speck of dust and it smelt like rotting rust and the sticker of the bezel was peeling off i was sure that this tv was a refurnished one when asked the tecnitian of the same he replied in the negative.So the checked the panel hours in the way markross had specified and i got 0 hours in it but suddenly my father made a diktat that i has had enough with replacements but i again noticed the same problem i had with my previous tv but these lines were less darker than the prevous ones so i tried to console myself to retain this tv but my emotions got the better of me and i called in for refund unlike the earlier time and told cc that i found rust in the back panel of the tv and suddenly unlike the earlier time the tech came to my house the very same day and he did not even check the tv he just wrote the serial num and got outta there like he already knew it was a refurnished piece after 15 days i am sitting with the check in my hand visited some shops like reliance digital to look at some led-lcds when i compared it to the pq i had had with my earlier samsung tv it looked horrible and the soap opera effect of the lg leds were soo horrible i was surprised that they could advertise this as a feauture so i am in this present dilemma what tv to buy so i called vaibhav of jd electronics he asked to me to come to the store at apr 15th so iam waiting for it and for my final request can you guys help me and recommend some good led-lcds ,plasmas with their respective prices it would to a great deal of help to me

i mainly watch hd content with a little bit of gaming and some sd content

the tv runs on atleast 10 hours a day

i would like a tv with screen size of 42-50 inches

price not more than 70k

pq more important than power consumption

guys please help me with this mess or i would have to move to kalagnar tv for good:lol: im from chennai btw.

Please check out the panasonic 42v20. Most talked about plasma TV on this forum. And fits well in your budget too. Auditioned it on Saturday (day of world cup final). Found it really nice. SD content looked good too. Price 62.5k with 3 year warranty at the panasonic showroom at Anna nagar. Asked about the 2011 models, but he had no clue.

Do note that plasmas require about 100-200 hour of usage before you can crank up the brightness and contrast ratios. This will avoid image retention and burn-in issues

I am currently viewing kalaignar TV :) for the [past 2months
and done lots of research on new LED TVs.
Sony Ex720 is my latest preference than LG LE5500 or other samsung brands.
I have not seen panasonic plasma so no comments on it.
Sony EX720 has 3D & 120 Hz refresh rate. Being quoted at Rs 75000 in Trichy.
Picture Quality is superb. I did not see 3D, but the reviews / tests i have seen on the net are positive, except cnet's review which i feel is a mindless writing about this TV.
You too do some research and post us somegood news, so we all can buy earlier.

@Jerry53
It will be nicve if you use some full stops and commas...

bro im very much used to writing on paper and i am pretty new to keyboards sorry bro i know how annoying it is to read my passage

and me and my friends also hate grammar on computers and we call guys like you the grammar nazis.:eek:hyeah:

Please check out the panasonic 42v20. Most talked about plasma TV on this forum. And fits well in your budget too. Auditioned it on Saturday (day of world cup final). Found it really nice. SD content looked good too. Price 62.5k with 3 year warranty at the panasonic showroom at Anna nagar. Asked about the 2011 models, but he had no clue.

Do note that plasmas require about 100-200 hour of usage before you can crank up the brightness and contrast ratios. This will avoid image retention and burn-in issues

I was thinking of this model too till i heard of the 50hz bug that is in this tv my sun direct hd works on 50 hz.any good led non 3d models you can attest to as i am only looking at the plasma models of samung's 2011 lineup.

hey i am thinking now of buying the pn51d550 the cost in the states is 1160$ so iam hoping that it would be around 70 k eagerly awaiting the reviews for it none seemed to have reviewed it by the way anyhow pour in with your opnions P.s(i cant take anymore of kalaignar tv)

@^^^ Good grammar will never go out of style!
+1
I feel really sorry for the current generation that seems to be growing up with absolutely no concept of the importance of grammar and spelling in communication. The sad part is that more often than not, people generally use the excuse of being on the internet, to cover up their inadequacies with the English language.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back