What were your favorite shows on TV in the past 2-3 decades?

bagainitish

The shows that you watched with wide open eyes; for which you kept yourself awake when everyone was asleep. My favorites were Jasoos Karamchand (Pankaj kapoor, father of Sahid Kapoor in the lead) and Kile ka rahasya. Plz share everyone.

Chitrahaar,
Reporter,
Shakthimaan,
Jungle Book ,
Alice in wonderland,
Caption vyom,
Yug,Farz,
Om Nama Shivaa,
Vishnu puranam,
Jai hanumaan,
and most lovable "ALIF LAILA",Mahabaratham,Santhi.. Give me a Min will make the list even more longer

All the above serials were the BROADCASTED in DOORDARSHAN a decade ago..Those were days(Childhood Days) which made to feel "TV is GOD's Gift"
:)

I remember how kids of our locality in late 80s would line up in our living room in front of a rare commodity called 'Color TV' for watching Ramayan. I liked the show myself.
Other shows which I still remember not missing any episodes were Small Wonder, Byomkesh Bakshi & Mahabharat. For a while, I liked Diff't Strokes on Sony too.:)

Yeh jo hai zindagi
Nukkad
Wagle ki duniya
Rajni
Dekh bhai dekh
Vikram vetal
Mahabharat
Jasoos karamchand
Ramayan
Philips top 10
Kathasagar

Hum log
Buniyad

And the list goes on...

Malgudy days
Ramayan
Mahabharat
Chitrahar
Sword of tipu sultan
Buniyad
Mr Yogi
Alif Laila
Vikram vetal
The world this week

Last edited:
Yeh jo hai zindagi
Nukkad
Wagle ki duniya
Rajni
Dekh bhai dekh
Vikram vetal
Mahabharat
Jasoos karamchand
Ramayan
Philips top 10
Kathasagar

Hum log
Buniyad

And the list goes on...

How did I forget Rajni and Kathasagar. Infact one story on it based on Leo Tolstoy's story 'how much land does a man needs' forever changed my outlook on life. And does anyone remembers opening music of 'Himalaya darshan" Any idea where I can get it online?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back