Whats the deal with the insanely expensive HDMI cables

vij

USK electronics, from whom I am purchasing the HT system is suggesting "Inakustic 10m High speed HDMI cable Mit Ethernet 3D, Ultra 2160P" for which he quotes Rs,12,500 :rolleyes:

Why the hell are they so expensive. Are there any equally effective alternatives?

Pl advice...

there are
10m high speed HDMI with Ethernet can be bought through hifimart at probably one third that value

then there are local chinese cables from MX etc that can be had for probably 1/4 - 1/5 th that value

then there are still cheaper ones
but frankly those i would not reccomend

there are
10m high speed HDMI with Ethernet can be bought through hifimart at probably one third that value

then there are local chinese cables from MX etc that can be had for probably 1/4 - 1/5 th that value

then there are still cheaper ones
but frankly those i would not reccomend

Hifimart has this
DAC HDMI 1.4a HDMI to HDMI Cable

Is that a good high speed HDMI cable?

I am going with a budget HT (including projector) for 2lac - I dont think I want to spend any more than 5k on a HDMI cable. The dealer seemed to indicate that everything depends on the 12.5k inakustik hdmi cable :indifferent14:

Last edited:
please ask your dealer what he knows about inakustic ?

in acustik is made in CHINA by a badging company in germany
the work has be actually offloaded to a factory that does oem work for 5 brands that i know off

you to the factory
tell him you want to start a brand
he gives you his generic cable choices
you order an MOQ
low and behold you have a brand

for long runs having an active ckt in the cable minimises signal losses
there are cables with active ckts
found only in cables 10m and above

since losses are not seen in 5m lenghts

a 1.4HDMI cable with an active ckt would be my choice

Last edited:
DAC is generally a good one, I have been using their digital coax and RCA interconnects - pretty decent - you can't find fault unless you have those discerning gifted eyes/ears..

Bluerigger HDMI cables on amazon look good too. Check out. I have the subwoofer cable of bluerigger and it isbreally good quality running in wall 10mtrs and no problems. Their Hdmi cables seem to be decent too however i dont have a bluerigger hdmi but plan to invest in a pair

Bluerigger HDMI cables on amazon look good too. Check out. I have the subwoofer cable of bluerigger and it isbreally good quality running in wall 10mtrs and no problems. Their Hdmi cables seem to be decent too however i dont have a bluerigger hdmi but plan to invest in a pair

+1
I am using 50ft hdmi and 8ft subwoofer cable from blueriggers from amazon india. The cable build and signal quality is fantastic. Check out. Very economical as well.

I am using BlueRigger 2m HDMI cable bought from Amazon.in. It was much cheaper than the other bandridge cable. The bluriggger is VFM and very good build quality. Happy with it.

I have no idea about cables...just wanted to say thanks to Vij.....he is really researching extensively into HT components. Since I have joined this forum.....he appears to be the first person who is discussing every aspect of HT elements in extensive details along with the cost involved. Although I don't own an HT as of now, I dream of having one in my new bungalow ( under construction). All I have to do is refresh all posts from Vij and I am good to go at the end of this year.
Thank you Vij for your extensive threads that you have started on this forum. Also, thank you everybody for pitching in with your extensive inputs. You guys rock.

In fact based on the advices on this forum I asked my builder to change the design of my top floor bedroom to a room with sepmyer's ratio c with a 10 feet ceiling.
Thank you Vij and everybody for chipping in with useful Info's.

USK electronics, from whom I am purchasing the HT system is suggesting "Inakustic 10m High speed HDMI cable Mit Ethernet 3D, Ultra 2160P" for which he quotes Rs,12,500 :rolleyes:

Why the hell are they so expensive. Are there any equally effective alternatives?

Pl advice...
Don't fall for it. Digital signal does not need hugely expensive cable. In addition most equipment have error correction algo. that corrects for any bits lost.

Great to see that BlueRigger is available here in India at such prices.

I would say, go with BlueRigger.

USK electronics says they cant use any other cables than what they suggest. So I am going with another dealer who is not fussy about cables.

Last edited:
Exoensive cables in US have up to 90 percent profit margin for dealers. In fact that is where money is made in a dealership and definitely by a home installer. Speakers are next with 35 to 50 percent profit margin and finally consumer grade amplifiers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back