Whats the difference ????

john b

Whats the difference between 2-Din and 1-Din car audio system ?

Experts please help..........

Thanks in advance

As shown in Wikipedia:

"International standard ISO 7736 defines a standard size for car audio head units. The standard was originally established by the German standards body Deutsches Institut fr Normung as DIN 75490, and is therefore commonly referred to as the "DIN car radio size". It was adopted as an international standard in 1984.

Head units generally come in either single DIN (180 x 50 mm panel) or double DIN (180 x 100 mm panel) size. The depth is not standardized. The US standard for a DIN radio is 2" x 7" and the Double DIN sized radio is a 4" x 7". "

ISO 7736 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers

Thank you for your detailed reply for the difference in between 2-Din and 1-Din receivers. Now, im clear about this standards.

Venkat sir can you please advice me, which one is the best 2-Din 0r 1-Din receiver for use in car. what makes the 2-din receiver bigger than the 1-din receiver. Is there any difference in Amplifier unit or it has much powerfull amplifier than the 1-Din receiver.

Thanks in advance

I am not an expert on car electronics and I will let someone else with more experience take a lead.

Essentially the concept of 1-Din or 2-Din depends on the number of units you are looking at. A Cassette player, a CD Player, or a tuner can each fit in into a 1-Din format. Most of the receiver units also come with a Class D amplifier that does not take too much space. If you want a HU that have 2 or more of the above individual units, you have to look at a 2-Din format.

Currently LCD screens have also become popular and something like a 7 inch screen will definitely take a 2-Din format.

If you want a powerful 4 channel amplifier with possible connection to a sub, you have to place this elsewhere in the car such as the boot.

Cheers

Venkat sir can you please advice me, which one is the best 2-Din 0r 1-Din receiver for use in car. what makes the 2-din receiver bigger than the 1-din receiver. Is there any difference in Amplifier unit or it has much powerfull amplifier than the 1-Din receiver.

Thanks in advance

Hi john b,

IMO it's safer to use 2 single DINs intead of using 1 double DIN because you will still have either of the two playing when one goes for repairs. You can also get a good 7" single DIN from JVC or PIONEER, etc. and a separate dvp or cdp.

IMHO, avoid any video source in the car that would distract you from driving.....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back