Yes, No or I'm-never-going-to-Japan-because-of-Onkyo

• Yeah, I'd get the 990-THX.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Nah.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Stay away from Onkyo HTIB?

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
I think the THX certification is not done for the HTIB as a whole. Its only to the amp. So i think the performance will be based on the speakers used and the running environment, right?

I think the THX certification is not done for the HTIB as a whole. Its only to the amp. So i think the performance will be based on the speakers used and the running environment, right?

Wrong:D.The Onkyo HT-S990THX is the worlds first THX certified HTiB (as per onkyo).
THX has certified the onkyo as a whole package i.e including the speakers.
Infact onkyo has used Acoustic suspension (sealed) speakers all around and sealed Subwoofer in order to meet the mandatory 20-20 kHz response set as per THX standards.The receiver for this Htib model is almost equal to the THX Select certified TXSR-703 av receiver.The latest HT-S9100THX has the receiver similar to SR-706.
Pls try this link Find THX Certified Products
I cant' comment about performance as I had a very small demo of the 990.

:cheers:
Sam

Received my Onkyo-9100Thx Htib on 21/11/09 have installed it and watched a few Blu ray rips the sound blew me away the most amazing htib i have seen/heard yet..will try post a detailed review soon.:yahoo:

Received my Onkyo-9100Thx Htib on 21/11/09 have installed it and watched a few Blu ray rips the sound blew me away the most amazing htib i have seen/heard yet..will try post a detailed review soon.:yahoo:

Congrats!!

how much did you pay for it?

Ruzveh: I second Spiro, I have listened to this in US in my friends place and it was not worth it. I dont believe in reviews, I go with what I feel and hear.

One point I want to bring is that just bcos something is THX certified does not mean its the best. What Onkyo has conveniently not mentioned is "THX has certified it based on the performance of the system in a THX certified environment

Lucas does the testing of these products in the best acoustically engineered environment. The difference btw it performing in such environment compared to our home is night and day. This is the main reason Spiro as well as me could not see the Bass going deep nor is there a good freq stage.

I am personally not impressed with this setup, would rather invest in Denon/Yam/Mar with suitable speakers

I agree with you buddy. I have heard that all human hear r different and so everyone has different choice when it comes to music and listening. After all human ears r v sensitive.

I personally wont go for anything that is not good on my ears.

Do you know one joke? I got old model of Creative Inspire 2.1 (wall speakers type) speakers for my PC @Rs.2000. The best part is this speakers r best i have even heard inmy life for music as well as movies and games with perfect balance btw the all 3 frequencies and performance at a distance whch i am comfortable with. But this speaker lack 2 things.

1. Power - yes i wanted to invest in HTIB only because it has more power and i can listen to my music and movies at the same performance with lour volume whch is not possible with my present creative model. I wish if creative made more powerful speakers or even HTIB for us :D

2. Space - as in this creative speaker creates different sound at different position. I can easily notice it.

What to say these 2k speakers r simply the best compared to 50k speakers which r loud but not best in performance(whch matters more than features)

Isnt it dissapointing guys? My woofer is better than Onkyo models. lol

Guys,

This thread is pretty old, but was appropriate for a query I had.
The 9100 is phased and is replaced by 9300. The diff. is HDMI 1.4 standard.
Its pricey at 81K. Do you guys think it is worth that money? The 9100 also sold at the same price, I was told by Onkyo Chennai.
what do you think? Any and all inputs will help.

looking forward.

B

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back