when is the samsung D series SmartTv launch in India ?

numerouno

hi all,

just wanted to know,, if anyone has tips / info on launch of samsung D series, smart tv in india...

I am looking at the D6400 model .. to compare with sony ex720 before buying...

cheers,
nu

Well it will mostly be in May.Going by previous years launch dates.
But it all depend on the number of old model inventory.

Most models of D series are inferior in technology to C series 6900 / 7000 / 8000 series .. only some specific models of D compare to it high end C series models.. only looks are much better i guess with super thin bezel ..

Are the D series models LED only or do we have any good LCD models too.. I heard it will be 15th April for launch... is there any website which gives details on these models ?

what fun ...

i have been waiting for D series since a month now.. as its already launched in US .. and on the verge of buying the ex720 next week .. nd i now i see posts about 13 - 15 april as lauch date..

wonder how true is it ?

D series is definately superior to the C 6900 / c7000 . etc models.. hence the technology change in market .... as introduced in CES 2011..

can some one help with legitimate sources to find exact launch date of D series .. 6400 ..

thanks,
nu

I have spoken to almost all major showrooms in Hyd including reliance, Samsung, Chroma etc. According to all, D series will be released by 15th April across India. However, this will take at least another week to come to showrooms. So far what I have seen on web and reviews, D series seem to be far superior than 2010 models. Prices are not yet confirmed though I tried every possible source for that. However based on my calculation from other countrues prices (US, UK, Australia) and previous years comparison, 55d7000 should be around 1.9L. It will be intersting to see the pricing of Sony models though when they come out in May.

Quite a lot of Sony models are already launched. However they lack in USB playback like no 3D through USB, no NTFS which is a show stopper for me.

my read is ..
sony shall launch two more models in 2011, may be 3 ..

1.ex720 - already launched
2. nx 820 ....
3. hx 925 ...
4. internet model.

alike 2010, the nx and hx series will be very expensive, since the technologies used, like panel glass -gorila glass, and the sensors used.. are high end, processing is xreality pro -with dual processors...

also the samsung dealer i spoke to said,, samsung D series will start at selling price 145000...

though, i am not sure how true this is going to be...

but the format and hdd / fat32/ntfs problem with sony , definately is a bottleneck...

how are your views on buying a 6900 and that plays all formats and then no need for a seperat emedia player / home theater system.. rather buy speakers and amp system and you are done.

inputs are appreciated.

cheers,
tecmec

Wondering if you would consider 50C6500 which max features of a 2010 minus 3D. I found that TV good, however didn't go for it as I found some trailing pixels in tickers on a SD News Channel.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back