Total storage spec by Samsung TV is misleading

anshulg5

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Samsung Neo QLED TV QN85B. Exact model code is QA55QN85BAKLXL. As per the info available on the Amazon product page and several other forums, the available internal storage (ROM) on this model is 8 GB. However, the total storage available on TV is not even 4 GB (3.8 GB to be exact). And out of that, more than 3 GB is somehow already used by the preinstalled apps. So out of the total 8 GB advertised, not even 1 GB is available for the user!

So, I contacted Samsung customer care and the exec. on call also confirmed 8GB internal storage for this model. When I told them that my TV only shows 3.8 GB of total internal storage, I was THEN told that a part of the system storage containing OS and system files, is inaccessible to the users and the remaining 3.8 GB visible is part of the user-accessible storage. But they couldn't give proper reasoning as to why only 800 MB is available when only one extra app was installed by me and the rest is the preinstalled stuff.

Now, my experience with Samsung customer care in the last one week has been absolutely pathetic to say the least. I'm facing some other issues with TV installation and they have provided misinformation on several instances and it's hard to trust their customer support anymore. And I couldn't find relevant info online.
Therefore, I request the kind folks here if they could provide insights on the internal storage of Samsung TVs. It would help if people with similar models can share their experiences. And most importantly, how does it even make sense to provide only 1 GB of usable internal storage against the advertised 8 GB?

Tl;dr: QA55QN85BAKLXL is supposed to have 8 GB internal storage (as confirmed by customer care) but the TV only shows 3.8 GB total storage. And out of that, only 1 GB is available for use. Customer care says this is correct and half of internal storage is inaccessible to the user. Moreover, out of the remaining half, only 1 GB is available.

I apologize if this is common knowledge, but this is the first time I heard such a thing and was unable to confirm any such info about Samsung TVs. Sadly, Samsung's support in India is horrible and from my experience, they provide at least three contrasting pieces of info for any query.

Attachments

• 1706732387021.jpg
    1706732387021.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 13
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back