Looking for recommendations for a 65" TV

RuwinX

Hey everyone, my parents TV (A FHD Samsung 48" TV) has finally developed white artifacts after ~8 years and so we're looking for an upgrade.

Budget: Up to 1.3L but can maybe stretch to around 1.6 if it's a really significant upgrade.

Primary use case:

- Daily use of around 8 -10 hours a day. (~6-8 hours during the day and roughly ~1-2 hours at night)
- Only OTT apps via a Fire Stick 4k are being used. A mix of Hotstar/Amazon Prime/Netflix and Sun NXT on their highest plans. [Sun NXT is for watching the news for roughly 3-4 hours every day so there are static logos]. (So I don't think upscaling tech will matter much? Sources will be a mix of FHD/UHD at least.)
- TV is around 7 feet away from the sofa in a living room. There is a lot of ambient light that cannot be covered completely via curtains.
- No gaming will be done whatsoever so 120 Hz/VRR etc does not really matter.
- Apple play would be a nice to have feature but not strictly necessary
- Priority is mainly Picture Quality/brightness/contrast and after sales service.

From what I have researched, OLEDs are a complete waste for our use case. It will primarily be used during the day with a lot of ambient light where brightness matters more. There's also the risk of burn in with news being watched with static elements for 3-4 hours daily.]

People recommend QLED for better color reproduction/brightness but it is useless on it's own without FALD? ( Which in itself is limited depending on the dimming zones.)

What I have managed to narrow down so far:

1) I have seen recommendations for getting the TCL C835 Mini LED 65" but it's not in stock anywhere in Croma/RD/amazon. On TCL's own website it's available but selling for around 1.6L [versus 1.4L on other online retailers]. Is that really the best?

2) Toshiba 65M650MP is another Mini LED which I understand has better dimming zones than the TCL but worse brightness? Also very worried about after sales support because I was reading the horror stories here about Hisense. The Toshiba comes with 4 years of warranty but that is moot if you can't get in touch with customer service without frustration.

Are there any other options I may have missed? Both Croma and Reliance Digital are nearby so I can go there if you guys feel offline pricing would be better.

Please provide suggestions. I want to get my parents the best TV possible within budget.

Hey everyone, my parents TV (A FHD Samsung 48" TV) has finally developed white artifacts after ~8 years and so we're looking for an upgrade.

Budget: Up to 1.3L but can maybe stretch to around 1.6 if it's a really significant upgrade.

Primary use case:

- Daily use of around 8 -10 hours a day. (~6-8 hours during the day and roughly ~1-2 hours at night)
- Only OTT apps via a Fire Stick 4k are being used. A mix of Hotstar/Amazon Prime/Netflix and Sun NXT on their highest plans. [Sun NXT is for watching the news for roughly 3-4 hours every day so there are static logos]. (So I don't think upscaling tech will matter much? Sources will be a mix of FHD/UHD at least.)
- TV is around 7 feet away from the sofa in a living room. There is a lot of ambient light that cannot be covered completely via curtains.
- No gaming will be done whatsoever so 120 Hz/VRR etc does not really matter.
- Apple play would be a nice to have feature but not strictly necessary
- Priority is mainly Picture Quality/brightness/contrast and after sales service.

From what I have researched, OLEDs are a complete waste for our use case. It will primarily be used during the day with a lot of ambient light where brightness matters more. There's also the risk of burn in with news being watched with static elements for 3-4 hours daily.]

People recommend QLED for better color reproduction/brightness but it is useless on it's own without FALD? ( Which in itself is limited depending on the dimming zones.)

What I have managed to narrow down so far:

1) I have seen recommendations for getting the TCL C835 Mini LED 65" but it's not in stock anywhere in Croma/RD/amazon. On TCL's own website it's available but selling for around 1.6L [versus 1.4L on other online retailers]. Is that really the best?

2) Toshiba 65M650MP is another Mini LED which I understand has better dimming zones than the TCL but worse brightness? Also very worried about after sales support because I was reading the horror stories here about Hisense. The Toshiba comes with 4 years of warranty but that is moot if you can't get in touch with customer service without frustration.

Are there any other options I may have missed? Both Croma and Reliance Digital are nearby so I can go there if you guys feel offline pricing would be better.

Please provide suggestions. I want to get my parents the best TV possible within budget.

Samsung QN90B/95B 65” is on clearance sale across most RD/Croma as 90C/95C is out now.

I enquired a few weeks ago and the QN95B was available for 1.47 lakhs post cashback as they had last piece.

Pretty sure you’ll get similar deal locally. Much better than C835. 2000+ nits, 700+ dimming zones, everything else

Another alternative would be 75” C835 for 1.89 lakhs (1.8 post cashback) or if you can get a deal on Sony X90K 75” for around that price.

Samsung QN90B/95B 65” is on clearance sale across most RD/Croma as 90C/95C is out now.

I enquired a few weeks ago and the QN95B was available for 1.47 lakhs post cashback as they had last piece.

Pretty sure you’ll get similar deal locally. Much better than C835. 2000+ nits, 700+ dimming zones, everything else

Another alternative would be 75” C835 for 1.89 lakhs (1.8 post cashback) or if you can get a deal on Sony X90K 75” for around that price.
Thanks for the suggestions.

X90k 75" For around 1.8L? I thought it's MSRP is around 3.8L on their website. Any downsides of the x90k 65"? There are so many models with similar names. X90J/X90L etc. Should I specifically be looking for x90k? not x80k etc?

QN90/95B-- I'll try calling local Croma/RD and see what they say. What is the difference between QN90 and 95B?

Won't 75" be too large for a 6.5 view distance?

Thanks for the suggestions.

X90k 75" For around 1.8L? I thought it's MSRP is around 3.8L on their website. Any downsides of the x90k 65"?
No downsides to the 65” really. But in your budget you should be able to get the QN90B/95B which are better.

Even online the X90K 75 is available for 2.3 lakhs. I’m sure you’ll be able to negotiate offline for 1.8 ish.
There are so many models with similar names. X90J/X90L etc. Should I specifically be looking for x90k? not x80k etc?
Sony TV’s below their X90 series aren’t worth considering. The J means 2021 model, K means 2022 and L means 2023. Next year will be called X90M.

Don’t bother with X80 or X85 series. Not really worth the money and a massive downgrade from X90.
QN90/95B-- I'll try calling local Croma/RD and see what they say. What is the difference between QN90 and 95B?
95B has a one connect box
Won't 75" be too large for a 6.5 view distance?
6.5 feet is too small. Are you sure that’s the viewing distance? Go for 65” in that case

@lightgamer Thanks for the suggestion! Managed to snag a QN90B for my local RD. Should arrive sometime this week.

I was thinking of grabbing another 65" for my own place. Budget ~80K. Similar lighting conditions/viewing distance. No need for gaming features. Just care about PQ and visibility during the day.

Would you recommend the Toshiba 65M650MP , the VU masterpiece GLO 65" or something else at that price point? [TCL 825 if it comes back in stock during the Amazon sale, I guess would be the best choice but that seems unlikely].

Any ideas how the QN90B matches with the Sony X90K? I believe the former is mini-LED while the Sony is just FALD - is there a huge difference in image quality?.

Back