65 inch for OTT viewing

abhi0202

Hi All

My 5 year old Samsung NU8000 panel conked off and I am looking for a new TV under 1 lac as a replacement. The TV will be used only for OTT viewing and may be a bit of gaming. But primary usage will be OTT. I'd got the Hisense U6G last year and am pretty satisfied with its performance but not a big fan of the laggy UI. So not sure if I wanna go for another Hisense. Would prefer a VA panel over IPS but not really hung up on it. Also, most likely I'll hook up Apple TV to it so OS is not really an important factor.

Lastly, although the TV was used daily and therefore the need is immediate, but I know the Diwali online sale is less than a couple of months away so I'm Ok to wait, albeit reluctantly!

Hi Friends- after much deliberation and research, coupled with constant issues with my Hisense U6G, I've decided to take the plunge and spend extra to go for a top tier brand. Although my initial budget for a 65" was about 1 lac, but now willing to extend it since I need peace of mind along with good picture quality. Have been eying the Sony X90L but it's retailing at 160K( after 10K discount on Amz). Wanted your opinion on a couple of things:

1. I'm assuming the price will come down during Diwali Sale which is just 1 month away. Will it be substantial enough to wait, or should I go for it now since my need is immediate?

2. Any alternate in this budget ( around 150K) that I should look at. Heard good things about TCL C835 but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Want to avoid Samsung.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Friends- after much deliberation and research, coupled with constant issues with my Hisense U6G, I've decided to take the plunge and spend extra to go for a top tier brand. Although my initial budget for a 65" was about 1 lac, but now willing to extend it since I need peace of mind along with good picture quality. Have been eying the Sony X90L but it's retailing at 160K( after 10K discount on Amz). Wanted your opinion on a couple of things:

1. I'm assuming the price will come down during Diwali Sale which is just 1 month away. Will it be substantial enough to wait, or should I go for it now since my need is immediate?

2. Any alternate in this budget ( around 150K) that I should look at. Heard good things about TCL C835 but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Want to avoid Samsung.

Thanks in advance!
Wait till October end. You should be able to get Samsung S90C 65" around 150k and X90L around 130k

Yes but it's listed at 160K. Between this and Sony, price being the same, which one would be a better choice?

Firestick 4k or shield tv would solve ui issues right?
It's not just the UI, the overall experience with the Hisense and similar brands is pretty bad. For instance, my Hisense started restarting on its own 5 months into the purchase. The company changed the PCB but the issue has recurred barely 3 months after the PCB change. When I reached out to them guess what they're doing again? Changing the PCB! I don't think their technicians are trained enough to even do an RCA of the problem. For them, the solution to every problem is change the PCB! And soon my TV will be out of warranty and after that every time it conks off, which I'm pretty sure it will, I'll have to pay.

So in a nutshell, not buying another 2nd/3rd tier brand TV ever again!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back