55 inch VA FALD panel

raghav080

Hi friends,

I had Hisense U6G for 16 months but got shattered by kid. Now I am looking for another QLED VA FALD panel.
I feel U6G is still the best in this range. Hisense latest two QLED are IPS and reviews aren't that good. Please suggest.
I tried exploring LG nanocell, Sony x74, Samsung i crystal.
please suggest.
budget is 45k
PS : i ordered Acer v series QLED tv but returned because of very laggy UI and poor PQ.

Hi friends,

I had Hisense U6G for 16 months but got shattered by kid. Now I am looking for another QLED VA FALD panel.
I feel U6G is still the best in this range. Hisense latest two QLED are IPS and reviews aren't that good. Please suggest.
I tried exploring LG nanocell, Sony x74, Samsung i crystal.
please suggest.
budget is 45k
PS : i ordered Acer v series QLED tv but returned because of very laggy UI and poor PQ.
You need to raise the budget for better PQ. About 90k. As Sony X90 series 55 costs 95k in retail stores.

Even better is an entry level OLED you could buy an LG A2 for 90k approx

Amazon also has a good deal for LG A2 55"

Toshiba M650 seems to be better version of the U6G.

It has a lot more zones and miniLED. Costs 59k now but expect it to go to 50k including offers during Independence Day sale.

You need to raise the budget for better PQ. About 90k. As Sony X90 series 55 costs 95k in retail stores.

Even better is an entry level OLED you could buy an LG A2 for 90k approx

Amazon also has a good deal for LG A2 55"
Getting A2 55 from Flipkart at 75k. is it VFM?

Last edited:
Budget can be stretched somehow. But then OLED issue of durability is the only red flag for me right now. Please suggest on that.
Can't stretch my budget by 25k and not have sense of reliability. And then extended warranty option will be out of question considering it already way over budget.

Budget can be stretched somehow. But then OLED issue of durability is the only red flag for me right now. Please suggest on that.
Can't stretch my budget by 25k and not have sense of reliability. And then extended warranty option will be out of question considering it already way over budget.
It will last long time if you use it for what it’s intended for.

If you use it for cable tv with static logo, OLED is bad option.

If you use it for movies, OTT, gaming, tv shows etc it won’t burn in even after 5+ years of use.

Extended warranties are a scam.

If possible, try to wait for the big billion day sale. You will get much better prices. There will be new launches as well. Hisense might surprise by launching a VA panel TV

Just dont leave the screen with static elements. You will not face problems with refreshing content. Infact OLED TVs these days are inbuilt with burn in negating mechanisms that even salesmen are confidently saying burn ins were a problem of the past.

Went to reliance digital. Checked out following TV.
Samsung QLED 60B liked it. But that was last piece so not buying display tv.60k

Samsung QN85B Really like the PQ but getting out of budget.1.00L

LG QNLED 81 It's IPS panel so rejected because of that although I liked the PQ before knowing the fact it's IPS.70k

LG OLED really liked the PQ but then OLED issues are resisting me.

Sharing this experience because I may select one out of these but would really want some inputs on these sets. Which one would be VFM.

Went to reliance digital. Checked out following TV.
Samsung QLED 60B liked it. But that was last piece so not buying display tv.60k

Samsung QN85B Really like the PQ but getting out of budget.1.00L

LG QNLED 81 It's IPS panel so rejected because of that although I liked the PQ before knowing the fact it's IPS.70k

LG OLED really liked the PQ but then OLED issues are resisting me.

Sharing this experience because I may select one out of these but would really want some inputs on these sets. Which one would be VFM.
Samsung has just launched a new 6 series QLED on amazon for 66k (before any card offers)
QA55QE1CAKLXL

No clue how it is different from the Q60C.. the spec sheet looks the same.

If you liked the Q60B, you might want to look at it.

Samsung has just launched a new 6 series QLED on amazon for 66k (before any card offers)
QA55QE1CAKLXL

No clue how it is different from the Q60C.. the spec sheet looks the same.

If you liked the Q60B, you might want to look at it.
That specific model is manufactured by Dixon technologies and not Samsung electronics as per information on Amazon. So I'm in doubt with the quality if that will be upto the mark. Need some reviews before I go ahead with this one.

That specific model is manufactured by Dixon technologies and not Samsung electronics as per information on Amazon. So I'm in doubt with the quality if that will be upto the mark. Need some reviews before I go ahead with this one.
Apparently they have been assembling TVs and Mobiles for Samsung for a few years now..
Are you sure the other Samsung TVs aren't assembled by them too? Maybe not the very high end ones, but googling shows its not new.
Googled.. Samsung shut down its facility here after the govt started taxing panel imports.. they moved to Vietnam. Govt scrapped the tax in 2019 and Samsung announced a partnership with Dixon to assemble TVs in India.

The Manufacturer info for both the Q1EC and the Q60C are the same on the Samsung website

which just has the address of their registered office..
Amazon listing for the new one mentions the factory address.

I'm guessing most Samsung TVs are assembled by them

Dixon manufactures TV's just like Foxconn and Wistron make Apple iphones, Macbooks. So, that should not be any criteria of TV selection.

It will last long time if you use it for what it’s intended for.

If you use it for cable tv with static logo, OLED is bad option.

If you use it for movies, OTT, gaming, tv shows etc it won’t burn in even after 5+ years of use.

Extended warranties are a scam.

I used to believe extended warranty's a scam too...till I had 2 Tv's from LG (panels going dead) within 1 year of each other.
They "let me buy" extended warranty and replaced the panels.But I guess you can buy them only till 4 years from date of purchase

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back