Where can I audition Tannoy F1 Custom in Bengaluru?

gobble

Hello

Whos the dealer in Bangalore for Tannoy? Anyone know the price for the F1 Custom ?

TIA

Thank you all for responding. I have auditioned and decided on the much superior (both price & quality) Diamond 9.2.

cheers

Thank you all for responding. I have auditioned and decided on the much superior (both price & quality) Diamond 9.2.

Gobble, you really make me smile. :):):):):):):):) Congratulations, BTW. Now it is time to enjoy your music and movies.

Cheers

Can you tell from whom you purchased this in bangalore and at what cost.

Thanks,
Prakash

Total Sounds
Mr. Masood
Next to Bangalore Hospital
98455 22937.

Earlier I booked with Vector Projections but they called and said delivery only by Jan last week, so I cancelled. Waiting fo the refund ... :D

cheers

Last edited:
Gobble, you really make me smile. :):):):):):):):) Congratulations, BTW. Now it is time to enjoy your music and movies.

Cheers

Thanks. I also re-auditioned the 9.5 and 8.4?? Good sound, no boom in low frequency unlike last time, (must have been the speaker-switch that the vendor had or what I dunno ... ) 9.5 sounds really authoritative compared to 9.2, but the sound pressure levels were *too much* for me at 10 O'clock volume. I was tempted but felt the SPL would distract from the enjoyment in a small room. They need a 18x18" room at minimum. Compared to the 9.5, the 9.2s sounded "weaker" (don't take it literally), but it is *only* comparatively. There is a hint of the same depth and bass as the 9.5 every now and then in a sound track, but the mid range sounded more clear and "even and steady" than the 9.5 or 8.4. So after the initial infatuation, common sense said the 9.2s were better. My feeling is unless you own a bungalow with 18x18 rooms, one will be happier with the depth and bass that 9.2s provide. I think one would find the SPL of 9.5 very disturbing in a small to medium room.

Regards

cheers

Excellent choice. They were a huge jump from the 7.2s. Are you going to be using a subwoofer since I believe that you need to have one to get enhanced low ends from these. Any 10inch should be a able to take care of this.

What AVR are you going to be driving these with? Reason I ask is that they are tiny bit low on sensitivity ( 86dB )

Not a cause for worry at all but the soundstage will be huge when driven with sufficient power.

Excellent choice. They were a huge jump from the 7.2s. Are you going to be using a sub woofer since I believe that you need to have one to get enhanced low ends from these. Any 10inch should be a able to take care of this.

What AVR are you going to be driving these with? Reason I ask is that they are tiny bit low on sensitivity ( 86dB )

Not a cause for worry at all but the soundstage will be huge when driven with sufficient power.

Hi Marsilians

I have concerns about sub-woofer setups, I've heard them sound just slightly poor on the timing between lows and mid-highs.. Most people won't realize it I guess. I heard the Lithos Noa-1 2.1 and incidentally also the MS908i tower (not 2.1) give similar sound. I think for best fiedility 2 channel stereo is best. The NAD c325BEE does not have bi-wiring posts anyways. And I don't want to spend another 10K or more on a sub woofer if its going to drive down fidelity. For those that want 2.1 I would easily recommend 9.1 + woofer rather than 9.2 as I felt the mid-highs clarity were even better on 9.1.

I found that the 9.2 midrange can hold its own show, while with the 9.5 and 8.4 the listening effect is to have thundering lows that overshadow the mids.

the CDP is going to be Marantz cd6002

Q: What would be in words, the listening effect comparing 86DB with 90DB sensitivity speakers?

Cheers

Last edited:

Total Sounds
Mr. Masood
Next to Bangalore Hospital
98455 22937.

Mr. Masood is a very nice chap. He will throw in free speaker cables in place of discount though.

cheers

^^ I agree. Currenly the pricing from Mr. Masood works out cheaper that the price from Vector with the free DAC cables thrown in.

@Gobble,

congratulations on your purchase of 9.2s.

you had earlier completely discarded 9.1 (in real bad words :) ), also were unhappy about 9.2.

Then your opinion about 9.2 changed 180 degrees, which you very frankly admitted. But at the same time you mentioned that your opinion about 9.1 is not much changed..

and now this : :) ..

For those that want 2.1 I would easily recommend 9.1 + woofer rather than 9.2 as I felt the mid-highs clarity were even better on 9.1.

is your opinion about 9.1s also changed ?

am asking this because i have liked 9.1s very much and eagerly waiting for audition of 9.2s. (There are again contradicting reports on diff. forums about 9.2 vs. 9.1 - w.r.t. 9.2 maintaining same mid range clarity but with extra bass as a bonus ... !).

I hope i will be able to hear 9.2 (AND also 9.1 again) in the next audition (soon).

Hello

I was disappointed with 9.1s as compared to 9.2s where depth of lows was concerned. With a sub-woofer setup, it will not be an issue. After re-auditioning 9.5 and 9.2 last week ( my 3rd audition) I got the feeling that moving down from 9.5 to 9.2 to 9.1s the mids and highs get clearer and better.
I did not audition the 9.1 in my 3rd audition but I definitely recall my dilemma about sacrificing mids clarity for the depth of 9.2s - after the 1st audition :)

I think you will get better mids and clarity for lower price than 9.2 in a 5.1 or HT setup where you buy many speakers.

For me the added depth of 9.2 is critical since I will never buy a Sub.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back