Where can I buy a DB meter

Vijay_s

I have a habit of listening music at high volume. Few of my friends told me that i am listening it at higher than normal volume and it may affect my hearing.

What is the ideal volume(in DB) to listen the music,I heard about decibel meter but not sure where I can buy. Please suggest a store with approx price for DB meter.

I have a habit of listening music at high volume. Few of my friends told me that i am listening it at higher than normal volume and it may affect my hearing.

What is the ideal volume(in DB) to listen the music,I heard about decibel meter but not sure where I can buy. Please suggest a store with approx price for DB meter.

Its proven that the maximum amount of time a person can be exposed to 85 dBA without experiencing hearing damage is 8 hours; this is the average level of noise a person hears every day. However, continuous exposure to 85 dBA beyond the 8-hour limit will cause hearing loss. If a person is exposed to level above 85 dBA, the risk of hearing loss increases in a shorter amount of time. The maximum time allowed for 110 dBA is 1 minute 29 seconds. If a person is exposed to a noise that has a measurement of 140 dBA immediate inner ear damage would result.

In India the avaliability of Sound Pressure is very limited and they are mostly meant for Industrial users thats why they are insanely priced, whereas for our purpose of Sound Level Adujstment through Audio Equipments Radio Shack sound pressure meter is recommended which is not avaliable in India though but you can buy it online through eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I guess you are from Bangalore.

I bought a DB meter from SP road, Bangalore couple of months back.

I forgot the shop name. You can just go to the SP road and walk along the electronics shop lane.

I bought the cheapest one available. It was a taiwan make. Costed me around 3000/-. It is a digital one.

Thanks,
John.

i own one and if anyone Hyderabad would like to borrow it to test their equipment, please PM me. I have a digital one.

Be careful when using any of the SPL meters as you need to take the variations in calculations into account. Search around the site to see if you can find a spreadsheet with the corrections. Otherwise I can post one on this thread - also readily available on avsforum.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back