Where can I get a measurement Microphone?

tejas

Greetings Audiophiles,
I was in the market for good speakers from Jamo, Elac, B&W... I didn't like any apart from the Jamo R909. Those Dipoles look fascinating and capture my imagination. But spending 10 Lakhs on them is criminally insane. Hence the DIY route. I have access to the required manufacturing tools. I've narrowed down to a 3 way setup with Seas Excel drives, A Behringer digital crossover, A Behringer equalizer and Leema Acoustics Pulse 3 amplifier.

Cutting to the chase, I need measurement Microphones to map and redesign my living room for the setup. I liked the Behringer ECM8000. Where can I get it?
On a side note, how tough and expensive is it to get all those Seas and Behringer parts to India?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
PS: I don't work for Behringer, I just like all German brands like every other mech engineer.

I am looking for one too ... to chart my speaker response. Following this thread.

Cheers

tejas India is very big so can we know your location?
I think I know one person who has measuring mike. cannot disclose here since do not want to offend his privacy ( I think he is on this forum too ..but not frequent)

You can order the Behringer measurement/calibration mic on Amazon and get to India through Borderlinx. You can use TrueRTA sw. You will also need a mixer with Phantom power supply. A M-Audio Mobile USB will do the job. So this is the set for measurement.

As far as drivers are concerned, you can get all of them from Madisound and import into India through Borderlinx. Only problem is these speaker units are big and heavy and will start adding up on the shipping costs. Go to Borderlinx and try out the cost calculator to get an idea.

Cheers.

P.S. I am in no way associated with Borderlinx. There are other options similar to them.

You can order the Behringer measurement/calibration mic on Amazon and get to India through Borderlinx. You can use TrueRTA sw. You will also need a mixer with Phantom power supply. A M-Audio Mobile USB will do the job. So this is the set for measurement..

I thought I could just go to SP road and pick any and plug it into a lappie?

All I want to see is the frequency and loudness plot in a continuous curve ...

What do you recommend?

Cheers

I thought I could just go to SP road and pick any and plug it into a lappie?

All I want to see is the frequency and loudness plot in a continuous curve ...

What do you recommend?

Cheers

Most of the mics have their frequency response characteristic, whereas calibration mics have a flat frequency. If you connect a normal mic and measure the frequency response, what you will get is a combination of the speaker, room and the mic that you are using. You will get a frequency response curve, but not necessarily that of the speaker+room.

Well, I needed this very well reviewed microphone to get it working with my Behringer DEQ unit. I could not find it in India. So, I ended up getting it from the US.

The DEQ is available here but at ridiculously high prices. As compared to those in the US of course.

Think I'll take the Amazon route. Says 49 US$, might as well buy the preamp and some good XLR wires and have them shipped here. Is customs a problem? I've never taken the Amazon route. Usually someone gets it for me! Once I understand the Soundstage, I can make the appropriate changes to fix echoes and dead spots.

Think I'll take the Amazon route. Says 49 US$, might as well buy the preamp and some good XLR wires and have them shipped here. Is customs a problem? I've never taken the Amazon route. Usually someone gets it for me! Once I understand the Soundstage, I can make the appropriate changes to fix echoes and dead spots.

Amazon will not ship you directly to India. You need to get through some intermediate like a Borderlinx. They will handle everything including shipment and customs dutiesand deliver at door step. Expect atleast 50% more of the purchase price towards these two charges.

After a sucessful switch to PC based setup, I am now looking for DRC.
I want to pick up the behringer ecm8000. but I also need a PC soundcard with two inputs - one for L + R. The idea is to take a reference input from line-out of amplifier while one speaker is being measured - for example, while measureing L speaker with mic, R rca out from amp goes into R input of soundcard, then swap.

ESI Juli@ is one option. Any good PCI or usb option with L+R input and phantom power less than 5K?
EditL found: Xenyx USB302 for the same price as Juli@

Thanks
G0bble

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back