Where Should I buy?

vemind

Hi all! Must say that this forum is a lifeline for newbees like me.

Having researched and auditioned enough, I have decided on the Yamaha DSP AX-863 AVR. And now I need some help... I checked out some vendors in Delhi for this and the prices for the legal ones vary considerably (from Rs 56K to 65K). So I do not know what should be the real price.

The grey market here seems to be around 44K for this product.

And the same seems to be available for about Rs 39K in Dubai.

So the question is;
1. Does it help to go for the local official product? The cost difference is substantial.
2. Is it ok to get it from Dubai? Are there warranty issues that I am likely to encounter?
3. Please recommend a 'straight' dealing retailer. I saw another post in the forum and I agree that Delhi does not have good retailers who are 'straight', and 'cooperative'. I am constantly getting a feeling that I am being conned.

Thanks for your inputs guys!

Vemind.

None of these products are supported by International warranty. So if you buy in Dubai, there is a certain risk. At the same time, these products, if handled carefully, will provide 2 or 3 years of spotless services. If you travel to Dubai regularly, it is certainly worthwhile picking it from there as long as you know someone in Delhi Airport customs.

Yamaha products have good service centres in India. So there is not much to worry about.

Cheers

Thanks Vekatcr!

Could you recommend a retailer in Delhi who may be 'friendlier' than others?

Moreover, if I get the AVR from overseas, would its installation/Setup be a tricky thing? Is it fairly straightforward?

Thanks.

Could you recommend a retailer in Delhi who may be 'friendlier' than others?

Moreover, if I get the AVR from overseas, would its installation/Setup be a tricky thing? Is it fairly straightforward?

Sorry, I am not aware of any retailer in the Delhi region. I can recommend one in Chennai, but that will be useless to you. We should wait for senior Delhi members to chip in with retailer details.

Regarding installation, Yamaha is very user friendly. I am right now installing a 663, and I can certainly help you with clarifications and instructions. The 863 has also automatic room correction through YPAO, and it should be a breeze.

Cheers

Get Yamaha 863 avr in 44k if it is available in delhi. As some one brought for me in 45 k from singapore(he could not get refund money paid as tax there ).
value of singapore $ was 34 rs at particular day so that it cost me 45 k

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back