Where to buy a brand new Cartridge in Mumbai?

tek

Hi Guys

Does anyone know where one can buy a new cartridge (either MM or MC) in Mumbai? So far, the only person I know is Sushil Anand from Nova Audio and he only carries Ortofons.

I am still on the lookout for something to replace my Ortofon 2M Red, so any leads would be great. Also, what would be a good cart recommendation for the Rs 10-15k range?

My current set up is a JVC QL-7 --> Project USB Box Phono ---> Sansui 3900z ---> B&O Beovox Speakers

Cheers

Tek

Electronic Emporium, Jerry 9820901941 - Shure. Off Lamington Road. They will order from Delhi distributor. So 2-3 days wait. But their highest cart is the Mx97E.
Why not order the Denon DL103 from abroad if your Phono Box supports MC?
Joshua

Hi Guys

Does anyone know where one can buy a new cartridge (either MM or MC) in Mumbai? So far, the only person I know is Sushil Anand from Nova Audio and he only carries Ortofons.

I am still on the lookout for something to replace my Ortofon 2M Red, so any leads would be great. Also, what would be a good cart recommendation for the Rs 10-15k range?

My current set up is a JVC QL-7 --> Project USB Box Phono ---> Sansui 3900z ---> B&O Beovox Speakers

Cheers

Tek
Hi,
There are two more persons looking to buy Shure M97xe which sells $54 on Amazon,so shipping charges could be saved.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi,
There are two more persons looking to buy Shure M97xe which sells $54 on Amazon,so shipping charges could be saved.

Regards,
Sachin

I recently bought one. Landed price inclusive of SnS shipping was Rs 3748/-

I'm not shure (sorry for the bad pun!) if I wanna go in for the M97xE. Currently I have a 2M red, and in another thread I had created, it was concluded that the xE would be a side step, and not a step up over the 2M Red.

Denon might be good, but my usb box doesn't not support MC as far as I can tell..

Thanks

Hi Tek

The Nagaoks MP 50 or the MP 500 cartridge is supposedly a very good MM cartridge.

I'm not shure (sorry for the bad pun!) if I wanna go in for the M97xE. Currently I have a 2M red, and in another thread I had created, it was concluded that the xE would be a side step, and not a step up over the 2M Red.

Denon might be good, but my usb box doesn't not support MC as far as I can tell..

Thanks

Hi,
You can upgrade M97xe with SAS stylus from JICO.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi Guys

Cheers

Tek

Hi Tek,

Sushil also does Sumiko. Check out reviews of the Blue Point no 2 or the Blue Point Evo, both of which are high input MC carts so you can run them into your MM input. Both have earned good reviews, I use the Blue Point no 2 and have the EVO with a broken cantilever lying around should I feel the need (or rustle up the money) for a retip. The Blue point was around the 12-14k mark, the EVO bout 5k more.

Regards

Hi,

The Ortofon OM Super Series have also had good reviews, and are rated better than OM5e series.

N.Murali

Hi Tek,

I bought audio technica 440mla from 20north.com for around 6.5 k a couple of months back. Its more expensive now. Sometimes you get a deal there.

Cheers
viraj

P.s. I will let you know in a day or two how to ship the lps

Hi Guys

Cheers

Tek

Try champion rubber shop at lamington road. he use to keep Diamond MM cartigdes some 5 years ago. If you are lucky, he may still have them.

I think i've singled out the Denon DL-160 as the next cartridge I wanna get. Anyone ever used one, any feedback?

Also, any idea where I can buy this in Mumbai?

Cheers

Tek

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back