Where to buy a DAC in bangalore.

iamharishkm

Hi Guys,

I have ordered a Swans MkII bookshelf speakers for my iMac. Now the challenge is sourcing a not-so-expensive DAC. Is there any place in Bangalore where I can go and buy directly? Or any websites who sells these?

Any help is largely appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as I know Audio Planet, Koramangala deals with Music Fidelity VDAC. For a higher-end DACs, you can contact Absolute Phase. These will be expensive.
(A simple google search will give you the website addresses)

You can also order some good DACs from proaudiohome.com; this is based in Mumbai BTW.

Few months I had bought from proaudiohome , the following DAC and I am more than satisfied by using it with my iMac ( early Jan 2009 model) and also pairing with HD 598 Syns headphones.

Thank you all!

I have also came across this -
JDS Labs - ODAC (ObjectiveDAC)

Sounds like the best option under 10K price range

Although, I'm yet to hear this DAC; I should say that I've heard only good things about this one. And, who can complain when it is quite inexpensive? For little over a hundred dollars, you could get a decent sound quality enhancement over the onboard PC DACs. It's a good place to start.

Many people choose to order the PCB and attach the I/O components by themselves. That way they could save over $50 on the piece as well as some on shipping.

i have received my swans MK2 and they are already sounding great without a DAC (connected to a recent model iMac)

I am a no-audiophile as of now but I believe in quality and is ready to acquire some great taste. being said that, will a DAC significantly improve my audio quality? The speakers are already making me smile whenever I listen to it.

but will something like ODAC or Audio Engine D1 DAC improve my setup significantly?

Kindly advice.

A DAC would definitely help. Nad is a totally different price point. ODAC has had pretty good reviews. You should consider it. Also think of Arcam...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back