Where to buy CDs online?

Shivam

The two online places that I have tried many times -

Rhythm House - CDs reach in very bad condition usually with covers usually broken.
Flipkart - very limited collection of titles.

Are there any other similar online shops in India ?

The two online places that I have tried many times -

Rhythm House - CDs reach in very bad condition usually with covers usually broken.
Flipkart - very limited collection of titles.

Are there any other similar online shops in India ?

Shivam

I have been buying CD's from Rhythm House since 2010. I would rate my experience of buying CD's from them at 9/10. I have received something like 60-70 deliveries from them with only a couple of instances of broken covers. Once I had bought a 5CD sets packed in a single jewel case. The jewel case was slightly damaged during shipping. They actually imported a 5CD jewel case from EMI and sent it to me as a replacement. I have received more damaged CD covers from Amazon U.K. than any other vendor. The damage was probably caused by the postman who carries the parcels tightly clamped on the rear carrier of his bicycle. Perhaps the Indian Postal Department could consider a Dominoes style two wheeler for the postmen!

Shivam... give HDTRacks, Linn Records, Naim Label a try before buying a CD. After months of buying digital studio master or CD quality music from these sites, I can conclude that on a properly setup system, these digital files can sound equal if not better than CDs.

For recordings which are not available on these sites, ofcourse, CD is the only option. I have seen the Flyte by Flipkart has a decent collection of 320 Kbps songs / albums. I find a lot of difference between 320 Kbps & 1411 Kbps from the above mentioned sites, but the 320 is still acceptable for casual listening.

Shivam... give HDTRacks, Linn Records, Naim Label a try before buying a CD. After months of buying digital studio master or CD quality music from these sites, I can conclude that on a properly setup system, these digital files can sound equal if not better than CDs.

For recordings which are not available on these sites, ofcourse, CD is the only option. I have seen the Flyte by Flipkart has a decent collection of 320 Kbps songs / albums. I find a lot of difference between 320 Kbps & 1411 Kbps from the above mentioned sites, but the 320 is still acceptable for casual listening.

I have already been using these services and a few more for flac.
If however you do plan to sell your CDs, do let me know.

Shivam
I have been buying CD's from Rhythm House since 2010.!

Are Indian pressings as good as those from the EU or US?

Shivam... give HDTRacks, Linn Records, Naim Label a try before buying a CD. After months of buying digital studio master or CD quality music from these sites, I can conclude that on a properly setup system, these digital files can sound equal if not better than CDs..

Sure high quality digital copies can sound as good as CD. Do these sites allow downloads from India and accept Indian credit cards?

Try infibeam.com,prices are lot competitive as compared to flipkart.
I bought one box CD,which got delivered within 48 hours of ordering and excellent packaging

Are Indian pressings as good as those from the EU or US?

Sure high quality digital copies can sound as good as CD. Do these sites allow downloads from India and accept Indian credit cards?

Yes, you need to make a paypal account for HDtracks... Linn records accepts cards directly.

This is exactly why I am looking for a good site to buy audio CDs from. Most of the popular music is still available only as 16bit audio CDs.

Buy them on 'no resolution' format. John Mayer LP - I have never seen one in any music store but I got one imported (Battle Studies) and it turned out to be a lemon. Ms Gaga and Ms Adele are available.

I too like the LPs better than my CDs. High resolution flac is also another great option. However I am looking for a place where I can buy compact discs without the problems present in the few sites I have listed.

Shivam

I have been buying CD's from Rhythm House since 2010. I would rate my experience of buying CD's from them at 9/10. I have received something like 60-70 deliveries from them with only a couple of instances of broken covers. Once I had bought a 5CD sets packed in a single jewel case. The jewel case was slightly damaged during shipping. They actually imported a 5CD jewel case from EMI and sent it to me as a replacement. I have received more damaged CD covers from Amazon U.K. than any other vendor. The damage was probably caused by the postman who carries the parcels tightly clamped on the rear carrier of his bicycle. Perhaps the Indian Postal Department could consider a Dominoes style two wheeler for the postmen!

I find it hard the believe since out of about 10 deliveries I have got just 1 delivery with all the disc covers intact. They have not replaced a single cover till now though I have written to them many times. The answer is always that the replacement covers are not available. The rhythmhouse parcels were sent by private courier services and not Indian post.

The flipkart parcels on the other hand have always been delivered intact even by the third party couriers and their own. I have got about 25 deliveries from flipkart.

I have never tried buying music from Amazon or Junglee.

I'm unable to purchase from infibeam.com. whenever i click "make payment", it redirects to ccavenue site and there it shows "session expire" along with some instructions about changes to be made in IE settings.
I've made all the necessary changes, also tried with firefox & chrome but then also no success.
Please help me..

I've bought quite a few items from Ebay.in and they stock all artists.

Otherwise Amazon.com is better especially if you have a relative who can send by USPS.

The following sources could be tried:

Flipkart.com: Free delivery policy has changed. Minimum order is Rs. 300 or so. Good for Indian/Western music.
Amazon.co.uk: For international CDs not available in India.
eBay.in: Many times delivery charges will apply, especially if delivery is not in seller's town.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back