Where to buy USB A to B cable in Bangalore

Sunderpalanivel

Hi Friends,

I recently bought a headphone DAC/AMP and it came without USB cable. I can always import one but to make the process quick is there any shop in Bangalore where I can buy good quality audio grade USB cable for my DAC.

Thanks,
Sunder.

What is audio grade USB? There is no such thing. It is just a marketing term.
What you need is an USB cable that will possible block noise from the source, ie PC or laptop (which are inherently noisy).
I have been using USB cables lying around my home and company lab without facing issues at DAC + headphones or speakers.
If your DAC is USB powered and you are doing so from PC/laptop, you need isolation (like a hub).
If your DAC is powered independently, then there should be no issue since it is only data. USB protocol supplies power only if requested by device.

Check if your USB cable has a ferrite bead. If it has it, use it and it will block out noise as much as possible. In technical terms, ferrite bead blocks out HF EMI. This is what you want.

Cheers,
Raghu

What is audio grade USB? =
What you need is an USB cable that will possible block noise from the source, ie PC or laptop (which are inherently noisy).

The requirement for such an audiophile grade cable is as follows:-

1) 90 Ohms impedance
2) Shielding to protect against RFI/EMI but no use of ferrites since it damps audio signals too
3) Good contacts, preferably 24k gold plated
4) Low inductance and capacitance
5) High transfer rates

I have not used this but it seems that MX HIGH PERFORMANCE USB A MALE TO USB B MALE CORD G.P. WITH NYLON MESH ON CABLE - 1.5 MTR (Mx No 3056 ) should meet these requirements and can be brought online

Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

Read the FAQ section of this product and it will give you an idea of how to deal with noisy USB.

If noise is present in source (PC/Laptop) then any cable will pass that noise to the DAC.
No cable can do magic with noise, as it is a passive component.
Impedance matters if you are running 20 meter cable. With lengths less than 2 meter it is a non-parameter.
Contacts must be snug fit for greater contact area. Gold plated helps but other cheaper metals also do the trick if the contact is snug.
USB 2.0 is 480Mbps; more than enough for audio applications.

If the 0's and 1's make it through from source to DAC, the content is not lost. The noise is coming from USB power. Your best bet is USB power isolation. Meaning, you put an active element like a hub (with power supply) in between PC/laptop and DAC and power the DAC from this unit.

Cheers,
Raghu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back