Where to buy warfedale diamond 9.5/9.6 in Bangalore?

harryanthony

Hi All,

I am no professional or person with prior knowledge on system and speakers.
I live with my wife and 8 month daughter in Bangalore; therefore I do not have a dedicated room to set-up my equipment.

The system will be set-up in my hall which is 22ft x 13ft, I am in the process of building up my system, after a lot of research and reviews I picked up the Onkyo SR 606 receiver last month for about 31k, BTW the prices have gone up and it now costs 39k.

So with my receiver all set, I am now hunting for speakers, I prefer the floor standers but the thought of my child growing up to pull it over herself and cause injuries to herself and the speaker worries me. Please suggest if I should still pursuit floor standers

I dont like the bookshelf too much because it would mean I would have a lot of interiors to take care of as well to get rid of the obvious cabling that AV receivers attract.

My usage would be 70% movies mostly English drama and action and 30% music mostly mp3 and hindi/English cds.. I dont really want to go for extra loud and ear tearing speakersmy need is for something which is crystal clear, lot of detail and blends well with my SR606.

I have shortlisted Warfedale 9.5 and 9.6 among others like the Jamo S606, Polk Audio TSi 400 and the AE Neo3.

Please suggest if the Warfedale 9.5/9.6 is something that I need to go with our Is completely out of place as far as my requirement is concerned.

Also need advice on where to buy these, I have met with Masoor (total sound) and Vector on Brigade Rd. i am not sure who is more genuine and provides good service.
Please help with the prevailing price for the 9.5 and 9.6one dealer offered to sell his demo speaker 9.5 for 23kshould I go for it or buy a new one

Regards,
Anthony Harry

Last edited:
Hi harry,

Desiner Audio are the dealers for wharfedales in India. They have listed these outlets as their dealers in Bangalore.

VECTOR SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (for Wharfedale, Vanguard, DAC)
# 97, Sai Brigades, Brigade Road,
(After St.Joseph College Of Commerce)
Next To Brigade Prince Bar, Bangalore - 25.
Tel: 25543287, 9341717966

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC)
# 2, Lakshmi Towers, # 200, R.V. Road,
South End Circle, Bangalore - 4.
Tel: 9845522937

Hope this helps and all the best for your AV journey.

cheers,
sri

Thank you but "no thanks" if you read carefully i have mentioned that i already know these guys vector and total sound....i was hopping to get yor feedback on
  1. the speaker warfedale
  2. which dealer is good with service and aftesales
  3. what is the price i can pay
  4. is is ok to go in for the demo speaker which is 6 months old.

Regards,

Hi harry,

Sorry i didnt read your post properly. Regarding the demo speaker it should sound good because of the 6 months burn in period. How does it look like? Since you are going to set it up in your hall the looks of the speaker also matters right?

Since you already have the AVR why dont you take it and connect it to these demo pair and hear it for yourself? Nothing like a personal demo with your own AVR. If you like the sound and if the speakers look ok, i think its a good deal.

cheers,
sri

thank you Sri !

i took my reciver to the vendor and hooked it up with the demo speakers....i sounded right...but sicnce i was not the expert it was difficut to take a call if it was good enough...or a new pair would be better.

also confused if i should go for 9.6 or 9.5... i am getting the 9.6 for 34k is it a good deal?

Hello,
I had been a few times to the 9.5 demoes across distributors. 10.4 which is the equivalent of 9.5 is priced too high. Go for 9 series. The only difference is the color/ surface finish. 10 series is not value for money. 9 series is better VFM. I personally felt that WD lacks bit in the high frequency & low mid range. I planned to take a mission speaker now after many demos!!

the wharf 9.5/9.6 are speakers admired by many in the forum,so you cant go wrong with them.just see if the sound is what you were lookin for.you should audition mission tho,more vfm according to me.try to contact anand(decibels inc) in blore,am sure he can help you.he deals in wharf/yam/quad/mission.all the best.cheers

Hi All,

So with my receiver all set, I am now hunting for speakers, I prefer the floor standers but the thought of my child growing up to pull it over herself and cause injuries to herself and the speaker worries me. Please suggest if I should still pursuit floor standers

With a child in your home, you should take care if you are going for FS. There are quiet a few threads in the forum on this topic. Kindly go through it.

I dont like the bookshelf too much because it would mean I would have a lot of interiors to take care of as well to get rid of the obvious cabling that AV receivers attract.

No matter FS or BS, cabling will be same.

My usage would be 70% movies mostly English drama and action and 30% music mostly mp3 and hindi/English cds.. I dont really want to go for extra loud and ear tearing speakersmy need is for something which is crystal clear, lot of detail and blends well with my SR606.

606 is a good receiver and will suit your 70:30 combination. ofcourse mp3 wont sound great in this setup.

I have shortlisted Warfedale 9.5 and 9.6 among others like the Jamo S606, Polk Audio TSi 400 and the AE Neo3. Please suggest if the Warfedale 9.5/9.6 is something that I need to go with our Is completely out of place as far as my requirement is concerned.

If you auditioned and liked 9.5/9/ then go for it. It's VFM and many fans are there for it in this forum.

Also need advice on where to buy these, I have met with Masoor (total sound) and Vector on Brigade Rd. i am not sure who is more genuine and provides good service.

In blore both the sources for wharfedale are not great. And we dont get the best price like other cities.

Please help with the prevailing price for the 9.5 and 9.6one dealer offered to sell his demo speaker 9.5 for 23kshould I go for it or buy a new one

One of our forum member has got new 9.5 for 26K. so you can ask the demo piece for 20 to 21.5 K.
http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/4296-please-help-newbie-decide-his-first-system-3.html

Also try and audition Qaucoustics 1010i 5.1 package. It has got good reviews. Our member Moserrw has done 2 installations with that setup and has said good things about it.

I spoke with Anand last week to purchase SW150, he said he wont be able to source wharfedale speakers until his showroom comes up in next month.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Harry:

Given your interest being 70% movies, I would suggest you look at a 5.1 speaker set such as the Q-Acoustics 1010i.

Floor standing speakers are generally recommended for music and that too music that has a large number of instruments, orchestral music, and so on. Between FS and BS, the main difference is that FS can duplicate the sound stage of large auditoriums and music halls where some live recording are done. There are a number of threads that discuss the difference between FS and BS. Secondly if you using a two channel amplifier, again a FS would make sense as all the data will be sent only to the two channels. But, if you are using an AVR that has a LFE out, you can keep the LFE on even for music, and get the low frequencies that you need, and the mid and high frequencies from the bookshelves where they may actually be better than a FS.

For movies, none of this matters as all the sound is artificially created in studios. There is no 'live' recording done at all for movies. For movies, the most important are the centre channel and the sub woofer. If these work well, you will be happy. Speaker sets such the Q-A, have done this well. Actually small bookshelves that have a good frequency range (say 40Hz to 20KHz) will be easier to drive, and if placed properly, will have a more direct and immediate effect on the viewer. In terms of amplitude, even a bookshelf can create something like a 100dB with a AVR such as the Onkyo 606.

I am not sure what you mean by room interiors for bookshelves. BS such as the Q-A come with wall hanging brackets and they can all be mounted out of the reach of your child. A simple plastic conduit will also hide all the wires.

Though the Wharfedales are excellent speakers, a full 5.1 using a 9.5 or 9.6 would end up around 80K. Compared to that the Q-A could be had at around 50K.

Unless the room is very large and you are ready to spend on room acoustics for theatre like effects, a bookshelves based system can deliver good sound effects for an HT.

Cheers

Actually only you can tell which one you will like: 9.5 or 9.6

Few pointers you can give in terms of the tone preference:
you like deeper bass (40-60Hz), or boomier bass (80-120 Hz)

Lower midrange (400-1000 Hz) vs higher midrange (1500-4000 Hz) ...
etc

you get the idea.

Because there will be a slight difference in tone between these two.

Hi Harry

I brought Wharfedale 9.6 for 34K for Yamaha 663 from Vector systems/Brigade Road on 24th May 2009.
I found he is good and responsive for my queries.

Hi Dileep,

That was very informative, i am getting the same quote from him for the 9.6.
do you think i can further bargain?

how are you liking ur brand new speakers, are you happlily burning it down.... BTW any sugession on how to burn and for how long?

I would recommend break-in over months rather than burn-in. And please please do not burn it down :)

Cheers

thank you all for the wonderful feedback and advice.... i just went ahead and booked the wharefadale 9.6....

Will post my review once it gets delivered...
cant wait to hear it....

Cheers!

Vector Systems - Bangalore

Hi All!
In the below list of contacts, I would recommend NOT to prefer vector Systems - Bangalore as I find their way of doing business unethical and stingy. I have paid full amount a month before and yet to receive my shipment from them. They have committed 3 times for delivery but none of them fullfilled. This unfriendly treatment may not happen to all but still there will be a prey. I have tried to reach guys from hyderabad office which ended in vain.

These days, business is done to make only money by using flashy words.

Hi harry,

Desiner Audio are the dealers for wharfedales in India. They have listed these outlets as their dealers in Bangalore.

VECTOR SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (for Wharfedale, Vanguard, DAC)
# 97, Sai Brigades, Brigade Road,
(After St.Joseph College Of Commerce)
Next To Brigade Prince Bar, Bangalore - 25.
Tel: 25543287, 9341717966

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC)
# 2, Lakshmi Towers, # 200, R.V. Road,
South End Circle, Bangalore - 4.
Tel: 9845522937

Hope this helps and all the best for your AV journey.

cheers,
sri

Hey Harry,

before you select any model, i would suggest you just Visit Audio Planet, which is behind Kormanagala BDA complex, as u said, you are not expert i suggest you to meet Mr. Palani. After meeting him am sure you will come out with lots of information.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back