Where to get CAT 7 cable in India?

nandac

I would like to buy quality CAT 7 ethernet cable for internal wiring of house in Chennai.

Appreciate feedback on where to get it in India.

Thanks.

Hi,
Since you are from chennai,
U can contact airpath networks chennai
They are master distributor for many brands and u can get them dlink cat7 cable (305meters) or for if u need higher quality u can go for honeywell
Contact- +91 98405 88829

I would like to buy quality CAT 7 ethernet cable for internal wiring of house in Chennai.

Appreciate feedback on where to get it in India.

Thanks.
A good quality cat 6e cable is more than sufficient for home networking. Cat 7 cable is designed for 10gbps networking emoyed in datacentre.

hey all, thanks for all the replies.

I forgot to mention that I need it for "in wall" cabling. Would amazon basics work for this?

In my case, cabling was not possible from the main router. So...

(even if cabling is possible, this is an option which can give you same results and you can experiment with diffetent 1 metre cables if you believe that lan cables can affect sound)

a) i bought a wifi extender. tp-link
i connected the lan out via a Ethernet cable to my rpi. 1 metre cable.

It served my purpose. it was good.
i wanted to refine my erhernet signal even further. Since extender contains wifi circuit and it is attached to the mains directly, there would be some electrical noise in the Ethernet signal which i cannot control.

B) Then i bought a passive ethernet / LAN switch. ( again a tp- link) less than rs.500. i connected the lan out of wifi extender to input of switch. then with another cable i connected switch out to in of my rpi.

the tp link switch runs on 5 volts with external adapter and no wifi circuit.
Hence the sound is cleaner now.
i connected the lan out ro my rpi via 1 metre lan cable.

i experimented with another 5 volt supply and the sound was even more cleaner.
Now i can experiment further with different lan cables. i dont need to buy lengthy cables for experimentation. just 1 metre is enough.

Last edited:
hey all, thanks for all the replies.

I forgot to mention that I need it for "in wall" cabling. Would amazon basics work for this?
yes please ask outdoor rated cable which is weatherproof and can be used for in wall without any issues and as mentioned above cat6a s more than enough to carry 10gbps via ethernet if u have capable switch and u can save more by buying cat6a than cat 7 is it will be pretty expensive...
finolex cat6 305metres approx cost will be 6.5k

Amazon basics are generally good
However do excercise caution especially buying Amazon basic cable

They sell speaker wire that's actually aluminium that's copper coated

Hence do excercise caution specially in the case of cables

D-Link would be a safer bet

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back